1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intolerant computer towards DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ACEofJACK, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ACEofJACK

ACEofJACK Member

WACK!!

Okay, heres the deal...
    Here I have..*Raises a hand holding blank DVD+R disc* A blank DVD+R disc.
    And here...*Points to lovely computer that would make you go "OOOO!!<3" if you saw it, but would then make you go "You son of a bitch!" in a voice similar to Dane Cook's when you try this* Is THE COMPUTER.(It thinks highly of itself)
    When I cleverly and slyly insert this(and any other one) DVD+R disk into THE COMPUTER, it makes wierd sickly(to my ears) noises and flashes.
    I have this AMAZING and INCREDIBLAH huge hunch that my computer does not recognize this circular flat object.
    Plus the fact that when I tried to burn a DVD it told me there needs to be a disk in there when there is one in there.
    Is ther something that this computer needs?
    or more?

[​IMG]

P.S: I'm sorry if my personality disturbs you. It's not YOUR fault.

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

There are a number of situations where these symptoms would appear, but there is not enough information to determine which it is:
    1) The drive in the computer is a DVD-ROM drive that only reads discs and cannot record them.
    2) The drive is an older DVD-R drive that does not recognize the DVD+R format. (All drives capable of 8X or faster recording are dual format drives; so if the drive you have can only record at 4X, it might be a single-format drive.)
    3) The drive is a dual format drive, but it does not recognize the manufacturer's ID code (MID) that tells it what type of disc it is and what sort of recording settings it should use. In these cases the drives will do one of three things--A) use a default setting that may or may not work; B) claim there is no disc in the drive even if you know it's there; or C) claim the disc is invalid or faulty. In such cases you may have to check if your drive has an update for its internal flash software (called "firmware") that may--or may not--include the disc's MID code or may have to switch to another brand more likely to be compatible, such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.
    4) Everything is OK above, but you don't have recording software on your computer or your software does not recognize the drive if the software itself is old.

With more information such as your drive model, the brand of the disc, and the name for the recording software, we could help you better.

3. ACEofJACK

ACEofJACK Member

Thank you!
    [​IMG]

Strange how this computer doesnt have those functions.
    *restrains self from kicking computer*