1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invalid DVD navigation structure problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by amgine, Oct 19, 2003.

1. amgine

amgine Member

Hi
    I have tried to back up "Silence of the Lambs (special edition" using dvd shrink 3 beta 5 & Nero 5.5.10.50.

I have followed the step by step instructions from http://www.chrismccann.co.uk for both. However when I try to play the dvd on the PC the movie will not load, I have to point the player to the vob file so as to play (plays great). & on my standalone I get check disk error.

When I loaded the burnt dvd back in to dvd shrink I get a "Invalid Dvd navigation error structure" message.

I have on the burnt dvd VIDEO_TS folder but no AUDIO_TS folder, on my origanal Silence of the lambs disk it has both but there is nothing in the audio. should I have copied a blank AUDIO_TS folder to my back up?

any help on this would be greatly appreciated, this is my first attempt at backing up my libary.

I am using a Matsushita (panasonic) LF-d311sc 1x burner & using bulkpaq 2x media on W2K.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What is the DVD player that you are attempting to play it in? Go to www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php for information on your player.

3. amgine

amgine Member

My Standalone isnt the issue, the dvd fails to initilise full stop even to the menu or start playing the movie on the Pc or standalone. I guess that I can play the movie from the vob file then the vob file is ok? so is it something to do with the ifo files?

I have been to http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers my standalone is no problem.