1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

invalid floating point operation: what are they

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andmerr, Feb 22, 2005.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

any one got a clue on this topic and how it affects access violation at 00000000000 when trying to backup a dvd.Side effects include the vob freezing and the audio is out of whack.
    Why would i get this coming up?

thanks in advance to any who reply

andmerr

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2005
  2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

All I know about them Andmerr is:
    When I've downloaded and put on a CD various movies .re P2P some of them would freeze picture wise from time to time, the sound would continue, and quick flick on the media slider would get the picture moving minus a minute or so.

Most of these got binned and all deleted.

However when I started playing with VSO DivxToDVD conversion tool.
    The message time etc came up in the log several times burning some avi's divx's

The resulting DVDs' were usually flawless one or two had sound out of snyc. [minor prob]

So I ran the flawed CDs' I'd kept through the converter.
    (TIP... the only way I could get divx to accept the CD/DVD rom was to create a shortcut on the desktop.)

In the runtime log up popped the discarded packet error again from time to time

And the flawed CDs' ran as DVDs' flawlessly on my standalone DVD player.

media Ritek G04 at x2

sorry if that a tad long winded but that's all I know

gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2005
  4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

is this a common occurrence and dont worry it wasnt as long winded as some of the members like pete and neph.

thanks for the info

andmerr

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ scf_au : thanks you were right i'm starting to get more info on this problem and that helps

cheers

andmerr