1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invalid MPEG pack size.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by skamxxiii, Nov 9, 2003.

1. skamxxiii

skamxxiii Guest

Invalid MPEG pack size. that iswhat it says when i try to encode a video does any one know how to fix this

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You are going to have to leave a Lot more information than this because you don"t read Minds that well...What is the Program Giveing you this error?? And when does it give you this error...Tell Us everything about the File you are Trying to encode Like It"s Format ,Frame rate, resolution, and Audio Format, and if you have watched it and does it play Fine?? and any other Information would also help....Cheers_X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2003
  3. skamxxiii

skamxxiii Guest

i figured it out it was a bad decorder does any one know how to remove a decorder it is called afv vwf compability reader

4. skamxxiii

skamxxiii Guest

sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2003
  5. Minion

Minion Senior member

You mean the "AVI VFW Compatibility Reader"???
    Why do you think this is what is wrong??? Cuz this has absolutly nothing to do with Mpeg files..It has to do with Video For Windows AVI files not mpeg files as Video For windows can not open Mpeg files....

6. skamxxiii

skamxxiii Guest

it is AVI VFW Compatibility Reader the problem is that when i have that enabled it tryes to read mpeg files and only reads about the first 10% of the file

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I can tell you for a Fact that the "AVI VFW Compatibility reader" Does not read Mpeg files ,It is For reading AVI files that use a VFW(Video For Windows)Codec...But if you think that is the Problem then Just Disable it, But you will need it to open some AVI formats...