1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invalid Pointer Operation in TMPGEnc Plus 2.5

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ph0bic, Feb 13, 2004.

1. ph0bic

ph0bic Member

Hello To Everyone...

i'm getting this "invalid Pointer Operation" when i'm setting my Source Range. i have this film who's total frames is 148764, i'm putting the film on two cds in SVCD format. i click on "move to end frame" then click "set end frame" to set the end of the movie, then i click "move to start frame" then click "set start frame"

now of course, in the "end frame" box i put in 74382 because that is half of 148764. then the little end triangle thing goes to the center, and i click "set end frame" for my first cd... but everytime i do this, i get that Error.

Any suggestions of what i'm doing wrong?

thanks very much

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

This seems to be a Decodeing Problem when useing the Source Range...What I would suggest is to Not use the Source Range and Cut the File in Half either Before Encodeing with "Virtual-Dub" or After encodeing useing the "Merge & Cut" or some other Mpeg editor like the One I use which is "Mpeg2VCR"..There are also a Couple Freeware Mpeg2 editors Like "Chopper XP" or "Mpeg2Cut" if you can not find any of these Editors PM me and I will send you one....Cheers