1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invitation to visit AfterDawn.com's latest project

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dRD, Jul 2, 2003.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Hi there, I thought I might invite you guys to visit our new sidekick project that went to public beta today.

Site's name is Blasteroids.com and it will contain currently only a forum section for gaming discussions. The plan is to eventually grow the site to fulfill the same purpose for gaming community that AfterDawn serves for the DVD ripping community -- a one-stop portal for news, forums, etc.

You can copy your existing AfterDawn.com account to Blasteroids.com by going to the site, clicking the "Join" link at the top and on the join page, at the top of the main body, there is a text explaining the situation and link for copying the details. After you've done this, you need to amend the details a bit to confirm Blasteroids.com account rules and then you're ready to go.

Everybody will be newbies at first stage, even me :)

Site has still some major bugs:

-here and there you will find links that cause 404 page not found errors
    -some pages, most notably account edit and search result pages will have funny layout bugs
    -logging in and mistyping your pw or username or having any kind of issues with the login will cause 404 error.
    -the "you're here" navigation link at the top of the page wont update and will cause 404 errors every now and then

Main problems will be fixed within this week -- but as I said, this is now a beta launch, not public, major, promoted "live launch" yet.

Have fun.

Oh, the URL is http://forums.blasteroids.com/

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Looking forward to it. Man it's amazing how much aD is growing. I was one of those people that joined cause I was looking for "an" answer butin the past few months or so, I've grown to become totally dedicated.

Thanks dRD

3. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

i've been on holiday and this is great news this just gets better ...thumbs up !!!!!!

4. ZpYkE

ZpYkE Guest

definately will be in my favorites

5. sgt.stick

sgt.stick Member

thats so cool

6. hansmerva

hansmerva Guest

so are the forums here at ad gonna eventually be phased or just transfered?
    darn it i can acces ad through our schools hard network settings but cant go to balsteroids noooooooo..........
    darn thats gonna make it hard on me and ohters who sign on here during school hours and post and stuff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2005
  7. cjcoled

cjcoled Guest

yeah im also one who cant get through to blasteroids because of the school restriction. and the school computer is the main computer i use

8. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

wow, cool site...
    i hope it doesn't steal alot AD users.

9. Joshua30

Joshua30 Guest

10. icemodder

icemodder Member

haha i just started using AD and i really don't plan on changing right now....but ill prolly end up conforming anyways.....

11. Im0d4fuN

Im0d4fuN Member

nice doooooode