1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP Adress

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Sublimize, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Sublimize

Sublimize Member

I have Evox successfully installed, and I am currently trying to connect my Xbox to my pc for backing up games. However, I was completely clueless as to what I should put in the IP and DefaultGateway sections of the network part of evox.ini. I left them as they were, which i think was probably a mistake. I got evox installed my going into "run" in the start menu and going into the HD by typing //xbox. It worked, but when I tried access the D drive, nothing happened. Now i am trying to FTP into the xbox, but when I go into the settings of Evox, it says that the IP is 0.0.0.0. Please help me. I am very lost. I would appreciate anything. If it matters, I am using a crossover cable. Thanks in advance!

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Hmmm...

Try editing your IP.Type in 192.168.0.3 for the IP, 255.255.255.0 for the subnetmask,and 192.168.0.1 for the Default gateway, and leave the DNS at 0.0.0.0

3. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

make sure the xbox is connect with the ethernet cord. Also try unplugging the ethernet cord and replugging it back in and restart xbox. Thats what I do When it doesnt say the ip when I am modding xboxs.

4. Sublimize

Sublimize Member

No, it says the IP adress, it just says it as 0.0.0.0, just like what it says with the DNS. And I do have it set as 192.168.0.3.

5. ozy

ozy Regular member

Have you set the IP of your computer to 192.168.0.1

6. Sublimize

Sublimize Member

7. ozy

ozy Regular member

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yes, and if it has a No by Static IP, switch that to YES.

BTW, what are you using to try to FTP into the Xbox?

9. Sublimize

Sublimize Member

Before I just went into the start menu, hit "run" and typed in \\xbox. That is how I installed my dash. But, since that does not show the D folder which I needed to backup games, I was going to use FlashFXP, which I used to obtain my Bios and dash. BTW, I really appreciate all of the help!! Thanks alot. Please keep 'em comming!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  10. Sublimize

Sublimize Member

Hey, maybe I am just not configuring my PC correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong, but do you Change the IP of your computer by Right clicking "My Network Places," properties, right click "Local Area Connection," properties, double click "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)," and check off "Use Following IP adress" ? Is that where you change it to 192.168.0.1? Well, if so, when I do that, I get a message saying, "The static IP adress that was just configured is already in use on the network. Please reconfigure a different IP." Then, intead of right clicking "Local Area Connection," I double click it and in the "Support" tab, it says: Adress Type: Invalid IP adress, and under IP Adress: 0.0.0.0 and under Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0. This, I am guessing, is where the 0.0.0.0 in the evox settings comes from. So now what should I do?

11. Sublimize

Sublimize Member

Ok, instead of changing the IP on my pc to 192.168.0.1, I changed it to 192.168.0.2. Then, on my Xbox, in the Evox settings, I put the IP at 192.168.0.10 and the default gateway to 192.168.0.2, because as far as I know, the default gateway should be the same the IP on my PC (if any of this is wrong, please let me know). Then, in the Evox settings, It says that my IP is 192.168.0.10 after I have connected all of the necessary. The "Use Static IP" is set to Yes. So I load up FlashFXP and type in 192.168.0.10 and It loads, but the action cue says that "502 feat is not implemented" a couple of times, then a couple of lines down, it says "502 pasv is not implemented," and then "425 cant open data connection to 192.168.0.2:36371," and then in Red, "List Error" and then it repeats one more time and then it goes Idle. Nothing is listed in the window on the xbox side.