1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipaq 3630 Sync Issue with Outlook

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by DFMcLore, Sep 18, 2004.

1. DFMcLore

DFMcLore Member

I have recently become the owner of an Ipaq 3630 running MS Win CE 3.0 which had the memory updated to 64 MB. My problem is that when I Sync the Ipaq to my computer the clock jumps ahead one hour and all my Outlook appointments are one hour ahead. Is this an issue that can be easily dealt with and how is this accomplished.

2. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

That sounds like a time zone or summer time issue. You might want to make sure that both your PC and Ipaq is configured to the same time zone.

3. DFMcLore

DFMcLore Member

I thought so at first but even after tweaking, this did not solve the issue and I'm having some other sync issues.
    1. My calander entries from the PPC do not show up in outlook this is getting a little frustrating at this point.
    2. I downloaded the latest version of MS reader but I can't open 2 books I bought off Amazon I'm waiting for an answer from them day 2 and counting.
    If you have any other thoughts on any of this I'm all ears.

4. Ketola

I'm sure you've also checked ActiveSync settings on your PC? You might also give a shot to updating ActiveSync to 3.7.1 if you haven't done so yet.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/activesync37.mspx

I'm not familiar with MS reader, so I don't have ideas on how to get the books open. Hopefully they will be able to assist from Amazon.

You still might want to check out

http://www.microsoft.com/reader/info/support/troubleshooting/nolongerable.asp

and update MS Reader (if applicable):

http://www.microsoft.com/reader/downloads/ppc.asp

I use µBook from Gower Point myself:

http://www.gowerpoint.com/

5. DFMcLore

DFMcLore Member

I have 3.7.1 and I cannot find anywhere in the software a place to adjust the time. So I'll continue to look around.
    I'm on day three and waiting If I don't hear from them tomorrow I will begin to get a "little uppity" I just down loaded a freebie from www.baen.com without any problem so......
    Can I update my PPC's OS?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]DFMc[/small]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  6. kremburle

kremburle Guest

I am having the same problem syncing my IPaq. The appts show up one hour later than on my desktop. I just downloaded the new ActiveSync - no change.

Did you find a resolution?

Thx - K

7. DFMcLore

DFMcLore Member

Nothing seems to work I updated still an issue have contacted the place that upgraded my ram but have not heard back yet.

8. kremburle

kremburle Guest

I have had no additional RAM added, I don't think I had this problem with my IPAQ until XP, but cannot be sure. I just know that it used to work.

I may have to put the thing on EBay and look for another handheld solution.

thx - k

9. DFMcLore

DFMcLore Member

Problem solved I found out that my clock on my computer was an hour off even though it was reading the right time when I checked the daylight savings preference to automatic the clock jumped an hour ahead(prior to this daylight savings time change)I reset the clock on the computer and we are synched up now in out look as well.

10. Ketola

Glad to hear you managed to solve the problem. As I originally suspected, summer time setting was to blame.

11. DFMcLore

DFMcLore Member

gonna start a new thread