1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone 2.2.1 / 2.30.03 unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by forshall, Feb 23, 2009.

1. forshall

forshall Member

Hi all, i jailbroken my iphone and unlocked with yellowsn0w to work on 3mobile

it was working great with the baseband 2.2.28 i think it was, but being a plank, i updated it to 2.30.03, and is now locked again.

next i purchaced a rebel piggy back sim, and no joys, my phone worked for a second, but it just pops up invalid sim, no sim or no service. i have also tried to update/downgrade the software version on the rebel

i was just wondering if anyone has worked out how to roll back the baseband. ether that, or how to get the rebel sim adapter working?
    so far i dont really rate these.
    Or maybe some one can tell me another way to unlock?

i miss my iphone!!!!!

2. no_name1

no_name1 Member

hey m8, it sucks i know i feel ya pain. unfortunately there is no unlock yet for 2.30.03, im sure Dev Team is working hard to get it as soon as possible. it can take a week, month, or even year for them to find the "cure". About your rebel card, make sure you bought the one that is compatible for 2.30.03 firmware. If its not, try to get a replacement with the retailer. Regards.

3. forshall

forshall Member

yeah, def bought a rebel to accomidate the 2.30.03 baseband. i check the dev team website every day to check their progress, so finges x'd they will have something soon

4. denzel29

denzel29 Member

Unfortunately you cant downgrade to older firmware because the basebands stays locked to 2.30
    The baseband is the problem not the firmware.
    You must be very careful before you upgrade the firmware, because you can easily end with a locked iphone.
    Now you can only wait for a new unlock or use a sim unlock card.

5. bd911

bd911 Regular member

not true, you may be able to downgrade. go to setting, general, about phone, and post your serial number. if your s/n reveals that you have bootloader 5.8 you are in luck and a software downgrade of the baseband is possible, then jailbreak, and unlock can be done i 20 minutes !!!

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  6. forshall

forshall Member

Hi, my s/n is; 83836492y7k

let me know if there is anything else needed

thank you

7. bd911

bd911 Regular member

are you trying just to jailbreak or jailbreak and unlock?

based on my experience you can soft unlock, soft downgrade, jailbreak etc. according to your serial number your phone was produced prior to the release of bootloader 5.09. You are right on the borderline but I have downgraded a couple with the same build date as yours so I would say you should try it. first get quickpwn 225-2, this should support a jailbreak of your iphones latest firmware which should be 2.2.1...5H11 (if you have a 3g), then use cydia to get Fuzzyband Downgrader, Install and run Fuzzyband which will immediately tell your bootloader, and if compatible will prompt to continue with the baseband downloader. once done recheck baseband with Fuzzy, then use cydia to get yellowsnow and unlock.

8. forshall

forshall Member

my boot oader is 05.09

hmmm

9. bd911

bd911 Regular member

you seen that with Fuzzy Band? or ssh ?

10. lokiwhy

lokiwhy Member

how about my bootloader? SN= 88905QGRY7H

11. bd911

bd911 Regular member

nah, yours is way too new to downgrade. 5.09 or newer, yours was built this past february. doesn't mean you have 2.30 baseband, did you check that? what is your baseband and firmware version? don't use itunes to upgrade until you find out more information cuz just cuz you have a newer bootloader doesn't mean you have 2.30 modem firmware....

12. forshall

forshall Member

fuzzy band

13. polskiada

polskiada Member

Just tried to jailbreak my iPhone on 2.2.1 with baseband 2.30 and now I just get a black screen with a pineapple - has my phone been bricked ;-( ???

14. polskiada

polskiada Member

Ok - Jailbroke the phone ok and just found out I have my boot loader 05.09 also ... bummer

15. lokiwhy

lokiwhy Member

My firmware and baseband came upgraded all the way out of the box, oh well. Yesterday I found a dual-sim that works well, so I'm fine I guess :/

16. kingt82

kingt82 Member

How are determining the bootloader version from the serial number? My serial numbers are:

828346RRY7H

88833JNW1R4

17. ZMonkey

ZMonkey Member

Hi Gang. I bought a new 16gig iPhone 3G from Dubai airport in February and like a nob I updated and locked it and up until now have had a very expensive paperweight while waiting for the Dev-Team to hopefully crack baseband 2.30.03. Ive tried every stupid little potential hack i could find so far until i just bought a Gevey 3G Sim Card off eBay for $7 aus and after restarting 3 times I have a totally unlocked iphone. My phone is Pawned and Im using a pre-paid OPTUS simcard with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110377979887

18. extremefb

extremefb Member

Hey buddy my serial number is 879187YPY7H . So can u pls help me out in knowing my bootloader version :( . I need to jailbreak & unlock my iphone , i purchased it 4 days ago :( am running on 2.30.03 baseband :(

19. JimB1707

JimB1707 Member

Hey extremefb

Serial numbers reognition for bootloader versions are as follows:

xxYWWxxxxxx. You only need to worry about the "Y"ear and "W"eek. Bootloader 5.09 came out around Week 35/36 of 2008, hence if your serial number is higher (like yours is Week 18 of 2009) will have 5.09...

Jim

20. extremefb

extremefb Member

hey buddy is it not possible to unlock or jailbreak my iphone then ? i wanted to use ISMS appn to my mobile and i don hav wifi set up at home so can u pls guide me as to how to get it on my mobile thru itunes ?