1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 3.1.3 Backup Corrupt(Need files from)

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by jremele, Jun 22, 2010.

1. jremele

jremele Regular member

Ill make this simple,

Last night I plugged my iphone into my computer(windows box), i told itunes to update the phone(download and install iphone 4.0 software)....... several minutes later the download finished and the install started, iTunes backed up my entire iPhone then proceeded with loading the new firmware on the phone..... I went to burger king and when I got back, my iTunes was showing a "Could not sync iphone error" and once i clicked ok, i got another error saying that the restore process was unsuccessful. Meanwhile my iPhone is just sitting there trying to constantly finish the restore process(booting, crashing, and restarting)......

SO i went to bed and woke up and it was still doin the same thing...

I want my old contacts and things back... I need your guys's and gal's help.. Please

2. jremele

jremele Regular member

The error code i keep getting while trying to restore the iPhone is.......

(-402653138) An Error Occurred while restoring this iphone

3. jremele

jremele Regular member

I noticed that the update keeps timing out(when the progress bar on the iphone reaches halfway) but data is still being slowly restored to the phone, it just keeps crashing and that seems to be prolonging this problem....

Just keep telling the phone to continuously restore and eventually.. hopefully... it will work. Ill keep everyone posted

4. podgiekop

podgiekop Member

wonderin if you sorted this out,i done reset all setting now all im getting is apple logo rebooting.when i try restore on itunes after downloading update im getting netwok connection timed out