1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iphone 32gb blocked can i unblocked

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by stegbhoy, Nov 23, 2009.

1. stegbhoy

stegbhoy Member

hi never posted on phone forums b4,i bought an iphone 3gs 32g,b.
    i took it to get unlocked to any network which was fine
    then the guy who unlocked it said it's been blocked as it's probs been reported lost or stolen is there any fixes out there on how to unblock it.
    i know know that if i go abroad it will work i.e. call, just wont work in the uk.
    all the other apps work fine,ipod,games...

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

NO .. you have a stolen phone. If you get stopped by the police for any reason and they investigate it you could end up being charged with handling stolen goods, or even theft. Don't carry it around with you.. a criminal record isn;t worth it for an mp3 player. Sell it to one of our Polish friends (that's what we do when we get scammed by people selling contract fones then claiming on them) .. they will usually give you a pretty good price.

Sounds like you have a reasonable small phone shop.. In some areas they are now legally obliged to report both you and the phone to the police, how they do that is they say "it needs to go to xxxxx place to be unlocked, can you come back and collect it tomorrow?? .. name and address please.. thanks.. about <whatever> time it will be ready" .. busted. Usually that's shops who are on the last warning after being caught with a pile of blocked phones.

Trade info tells me that in the next 2 years a block will be worldwide.