1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone 3gs jailbreaking n unlocking

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by Rhoden, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Rhoden

Rhoden Member

My iphone was jailbroken and i forgot the code lock n then i restored it to an official firmware from apple. Now the Iphone wants to be unlocked n i dont have any chip to activate it. I tried making a custom firmware using sn0wbreeze n restore n its giving me error in itunes 1604..etc... all i got when i turn on phone is please insert sim to activate n i found out that it has on the new bootrom... How can i jailbreak this because i spent one whole day tryin to get to this..PLEASE HELP ME

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

I assume that you have recently restored your iphone? If so I will also assume that you're on firmware 4.0.1.

A couple of posts down there was also a discussion about somebody else not being able to activate the device. You might want to have a look at this post.

You will first need to determine whether you have previous shsh blobs on file then downgrade. All the steps to do this are in that post...

3. Rhoden

Rhoden Member

I have the new bootrom

4. Rhoden

Rhoden Member

i have downgrade to 4.0 so is there a way to be jailbroken now?

5. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

You will need to downgrade to 3.1.2 before you able to jailbreak or unlock at the moment or you can wait for a jailbreak tool for ios4 to be released! ^^