1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone 3GS update IOS 4.1 to 4.3 or higher

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by kevsmif80, Jan 28, 2013.

1. kevsmif80

kevsmif80 Member

Ok my wife bought a jailbroken/unlocked iphone. We get it setup on her wireless network. I with the bright idea was like lets update the operating system so I did. I managed to learn a few things yesterday to finally jailbreak the phone again and unlock it using the snow programs.

My problem is i updated it using IOS 4.1 it was on 4.3. My question is do i need to run the redsnow program and re jailbreak it using IOS 4.3 to get it to work? same process as 4.1 just use a different ios file?

The baseband was on like 6.15 but i was able to downgrade it to like 5. something. Will i just need the IOS file 4.3?

I just dont want to mess anything up because it took me a long time to finally figure out how to get the phone back functioning on her network.

2. kevsmif80

kevsmif80 Member

Seems maybe the phone is already unlocked or AT&T phones work with straight talk without unlocking. I just decided to update it to the newest software and put the sim in and everything was fine. The voice and messaging worked. We called straight talk and they walked us thru setting up photo messaging and hooking up the network service.