1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iphone 3gs updated with 4.0 firmware

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by free1, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Congrats on the downgrade! ^^ atleast the tricky bit is out of the way! You said you downgraded to 3.1.2 earlier? If you downgrade back to 3.1.2 the jailbreak with redsn0w 0.92 that should hacktivate aswell! ^^ well it did for lemon firmware 3.0 last year! Dunno whats changed since then though! Lol

Because you don't have a sim to activate it, the whole process is that little bit more complicated! >.< we'll get there though! If it doesn't work with 3.1.2 is there an older version you can downgrade to? 0.o

Also, you won't be able to do anything with custom ipsw until it's been jailbroken again! >.< as I said try going back to 3.1.2 and using redsn0w! ^^

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  2. westham88

westham88 Regular member

Did you get an error after downgrading??

3. westham88

westham88 Regular member

I finally got it past the emergency screen!! This is what i did.

"C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" and open the "hosts" file in notepad and add "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" to the bottom of the notepad and save it,

Then open the umbrella program and run the tss server

then install the 3.1.2 through itunes as normal, by holding shift, clicking restore then browsing for the firmware file

Then when complete you will get a 1015 error.

Then uninstall all itunes programs from your computer and reboot

Then install version 9.0.3 of itunes and reboot.

When rebooted you will not be able to open itune. Go to music in your documents and click on the itunes folder and move the first file to desktop. you should be able to open it now.

Then download blackra1n and install.

This is how i got it to work!

4. westham88

westham88 Regular member

5. free1

free1 Member

to west yes i do get a error the 16** when i try and load my firmware that i made in sn0wbreeze I tried to use iReb but there is no fix for the 3gs yet

and to Link yes i did the whole downgrade itunes 9.2that for some reason gave me 3.1.2 I only have my 3.1.3 shsh so i can only downgrade to 3.1.3 I will try the 3.1.2 again
    But when i do run black rain it still shows me the emergency screen

redsnow 0.9 wont recognise any other ipsw then 3.0 :( so when i run it i still get the emergency screen

Ill down grade to 3.1.2 and try redsn0w

6. free1

free1 Member

hey guys yeah im pritty much boned I looked into it and unless theres a fix that i can hacktivate my 3.1.3 firm then im lost :(
    I dont know why cydia saved that shsh

Its never easy is it :p lol

7. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Yeah, sounds like you're screwed... >.< Do you know who the official carrier is for the device? Couldn't you just get a payg sim and activate it with that? o.0 In the UK there's always promotions for free sims from carriers, like O2, orange, ect. You could even try a friends sim if they've got one for the carrier you require.

That'd be your next point of call. Even if you had to pay for a sim, atleast then you've always got a backup incase something like this was to happen again.

8. free1

free1 Member

yeah the only thing is that the carrier is not in my country :(
    Any one know if i order just the sim with no contract and not activated if i can get past the lock screen?
    but thanks for all your help guys ill see you later! :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  9. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

What contry did you get the device from? o.0 I'm sure read somewhere that ANY official carrier sim at the time of the release of the device will work, but don't quote me on it! >.< So if you know somebody with an AT&T sim, if you're in America that is, who would be kind enough to let you borrow it for a couple of secs to activate your device, you'll soon be able to see if it works or not... lol

Also, I couldn't guarantee that a payg sim will work, but it's a small price to pay to find out...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010