1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 4 stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by {TKO}, Dec 17, 2010.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

I have an iPhone 4 that was/is Jailbroken. I believe it was running 4.1 but I honestly don't remember. I was tired of the crashes so I decided to just update to 4.2.1. I donwloaded the firmware without installing last night. Then today I tried installing it and it got stuck in recovery mode and gives me the USB/iTunes plug screen.

I've tried opening the Terminal and amending the permissions to Apple's servers. I've tried RecBoot. And I've tried Exiting Recovery Mode through TinyUmbrella 4.21.

I have no more ideas and Google gives me the same solutions. Or I'm probably tired and furustrated from trying. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Update: I just tried Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 and it's still stuck.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. clarkey00

clarkey00 Member

search google for a app called RECBoot this app is amazing, it will take your iphone out of recovery mode for you!!! works a charm, if you are stuck pm me and i will help

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

I tried RecBoot to no avail. I actually got fed up and called Apple. They couldn't walk me through a fix, so they had me send it in. I received it a week later. The enclosed letter stated that they connected it and found no problem. When I turned it on it was working with no problems. No clue what the problem was.

Thank you sir for the reply, help and offer. Good looking out.

4. markrhi

markrhi Member

boss, try this one..
    open redsnow 9.6b6
    select ofw ipsw4.2.1
    then just click "pawned dfu" only...
    wait until finish..
    open itunes restore to customize ipsw4.2.1
    after finish...
    open redsnow 9.6b6 browse file select ofw ipsw4.2.1
    after check ipad baseband and install cydia...

if it is factory unlock it's better..coz there's

no unlocking yet...

5. hari2cool

hari2cool Member

I restored the iphone using official 4.2.1 but got the error 1015 at the end and couldn't boot the iphone so I straightaway tried RedSnow and the iPad thingy, I entered into DFU and red snow started its work on the iphone but got stuck like forever when it was installing bundles... i couldnt do DFU again or switch the ihopne off when it was stuck so i opened the iphone and disconnected the motherboard from the battery for about 10 mins and....

Now I have the same problem which Mr TKO has.... my 3GS is stuck in Recovery mode too ant I too have tried all things (TinyUmbrella, iREB, iREC). Cant go into DFU whatsoever. cant downgrade its ios and whenever I restore to 4.2.1 I only get error 1015. the iphone keeps rebooting into recovery on its own after some time.

iphone is a brick now...help!