1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 5 update/froze

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by Lisboa67, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

hi some help please, I have just tried to update my iPhone 5, was rushing about at home plugged it in to mains and it was updating....slowly, after five minutes I had to go out so just disconnected it and took phone with me. But ATM all I have got is the Apple logo showing 2 hours on, have tried to press menu/on off button together, but all it does is the apple logo flickers off then comes back on, any help please?

2. sikosrus

sikosrus Member

3. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Thanks Sikosrus, went on Apple live chat, was on there for near 2 half hours, kept repeating going on iTunes as instructed, but no joy tried it about 20 odd times, was told it was cable tried 3 cables in all, but just as I was about to give up, it unlocked and back to normal, frustrating on Apple live chat, as I kept doing the same procedure without any joy, then like I said was just about to give up, was actually waiting for live chat asking how much Apple would screw me for a 'service' to 'fix it' when it unlocked. All done now to date, but will keep your link you sent. Thanks again, Cheers!