1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iphone clone cect s689 t-mobile

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by johnnyy75, Oct 11, 2008.

1. johnnyy75

johnnyy75 Member

i have the iphone clone CECT S689 and i have the following questions

1- i cant seem to find the user manual anywhere. does anybody know how i can get a copy?

2- does this phone support java? how can i find out if i dont have the manual?

3- i am with t-mobile and i have the unlimited data plan. the internet is partially accessible except for pages that need to be redirected. when i answer yes to be redirected and resubmit user data then i get an error message: secure connection failed. this happens when i try to access hotmail, gmail.

4- accessing regular sites such as youtube.com i get this message: not enough memory? what does that mean? i do have a 2gb card in the phone, can i use it toresolve this problem?

5- a)squares! i tried m.youtube.com and it opened except most of the text is in squares making it impossible to navigate. i do see text in english but very little of it and all my settings on the phone have english for language.
    b)as i was clicking around i got to the page where i an log in. so i entered my username and as i clicked on the space to enter my password, the phone went black as if it turned off. a couple of seconds later the screen reappeared. this happened every time i tried to enter my password.

6- how can i find out what operating system does this phone have?

7- would i be able to install windows mobile on it? if so please show me how.

8- i tried to install opera mini (blindly, squares!) but at some point i did hit a download button i imagine because i got the following message: we may not support this file. still download? this file would be saved into received. the file name as shown with this message is: text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor. when i go into the received folder the file is called: operamini.jad which i can copy, move, delete or rename but nothing else.
    i am not actullay sure if i can install a browser on this phone, can i?

these may be a lot of questions but i am just unable to find any solutions on the web nor from t-mobile.

any help is very much appreciated.

j

2. sas08

sas08 Member

Hi, i`m from bulgaria and i got the same problem
    I`ve tried many programs to Sync my phone with the PC but they seem to be useless. I understand myself that the phone does not support java applications. Actually i haven`t found a working applilation for that phone yet. I started wandering if there is a working one. I`ve asked in some bulgarian forums but the answers was that the company that made that phone probably have written the software themselves, and included only the most needed applications in the phone. We really need a help.

I got a user manual but it`s USELESS. It`s about 20 pages with absolutely simple information about the main functions of the phone.In it there is explained whats Display, whats screen saver and so on. Nothing is mentioned about the software and applications.

Sorry for my bad english .

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  3. acer009

acer009 Member

4. sas08

sas08 Member

No it didn`t worked. I`ve found that the chipset of my phone is MTK 6228 but that not help me.