1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone help please!

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by majeste, Sep 16, 2010.

1. majeste

majeste Member

Hi, I have an Iphone 3gs, that is running 2.2.1

Im getting lost trying to figure out how to unlock it so i can use it on t-mobile

It is already jail broken (its my girlfriends and she had it jail broken awhile back)

Can someone point me in the right direction on what i need to do now in order to unlock it and use it on tmobile?

Thanks

2. oneeyedcrock

oneeyedcrock Member

Well your best option is to upgrade the phone first. BUT......do you have any shsh's saved in cydia? you need these to upgrade. (when you opened up cydia there should be green writing at the top ' this device has shsh's saved for .....???')

so do you have them?

I don't think ultrasn0w is compatible to unlock as ar back as 2.2.1 so i think your ONLY option is to upgrade.

3. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

I believe you have an iPhone 3G as the 3Gs was distributed with Firmware 3.0 onwards. You might want to check that just to make sure though. The easy way to tell is, the writing on the back of the iphone 3G is grey and the writing on the back of the 3Gs is silver. That does not include the apple symbol, as that is shiny on both.

Based on the fact that I believe you have a 3G, and not a 3Gs, I refer you to this guide. This apparently activates the device then all you will need to do install ultrasn0w from Cydia. I would advise upgrading to firmware 3.0 first though before attempting that, as I am unsure whether ultrasn0w is compatible with the 2.2.1 baseband.

If you don't want the whole hassle of upgrading though, you can always install yellowsn0w from the cydia store, but i'm not sure what the repo is for that anymore... :-(

It's easier to upgrade imo. You can download all firmwares from here. After you download it make sure the file is a .ipsw format file and not a .rar

Hope this helps.