1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone in canada.

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by camaro17, Feb 20, 2008.

1. camaro17

camaro17 Guest

Hi i live around toronto and i was wondering, does iPhone work with bell? or telus? Because i certainly dont want rogers or fido. And how does it work after you have unlocked it, when you put the sim card in? i mean how does it charge you for your calls? and texting? also if you hack the iPhone would it work with pay as you go? any help much appreciated.

Peace

2. camaro17

camaro17 Guest

does anyone know?even if you have the answer to only one question please tell me!

Peace

3. FrancisL

FrancisL Member

No, because Bell and Telus use CDMA instead of GSM, in other words they don't use SIM cards. This is why iPhones only work for Rogers and Fido (the only 2 GSM networks in Canada). What's so bad about Rogers/Fido?

iPhones are only meant to work with AT&T. When you unlock it you can use it on any GSM network (Rogers or Fido - the only two in Canada). Usage/billing works like any other cell phone. Prices depend on your monthly plan, has nothing to do with the iPhone.

As long as your pay as you go is on a GSM network, it would work like any other cell phone, again totally dependent on your plan.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  4. camaro17

camaro17 Guest

thanks man, well at my school all the people that have rogers hate it! i was just wondering, i personally like telus, because they are a pretty good company with service and everything!

Peace

P.S. Im going down to orlando in like 2 weeks, so i might pick up an iphone if i get the money.

5. baller187

baller187 Member

I heard iPhone is supposed to come to Rogers, is this true?

6. camaro17

camaro17 Guest

no idea man but im hoping, they've got 11 days to announce it because im going to get one, well im pretty sure anyways, where did you hear this, was it a sourece, or just a friend?

Peace