1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod classic 80g artists not showing up

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by ste0087, Dec 27, 2007.

1. ste0087

ste0087 Member

I've only had my ipod classic for a couple of days now and i've noticed that some of my artists are not showing up when you go into artists for example the doobie brothers and journey but i can search for them and they are on the ipod when it's connected to the pc via itunes i know there is no problems with the songs because they were downloaded from Itunes and they also work on my brothers 30g ipod and my old ipod mini.

any help would be appreciated
    Happy holidays James

ps i've got the latest Itunes to date

2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

question, do this songs play on your classic? if not how did you get the songs into itunes? theres has been reports that cd's that we're ripped with an older version of itunes, pre 7 cause the songs to skip or even not show on the newest ipod classic, itouch, iphone, ect, so the only way to fix this is to re-ripped the songs, now if thats not the case before you do anything run restore from itunes, connect your ipod wait for it to show on itunes then click restore, this will format your ipod and re=install everything including any firmware that is available. Good Luck.

3. ste0087

ste0087 Member

going to restore now i'll post the results in an hour or 2

4. ste0087

ste0087 Member

It didn't work they don't show up in artists but they are on my playlist and i can search for them on the ipod
    I purchased the songs from the Itunes store
    also my ipod is up to date

5. ste0087

ste0087 Member

My ipod has now stopped working it wont turn on even if i plug it in to the computer i tried reseting by holding down menu and the middle button going to take it back tommorow.

6. ste0087

ste0087 Member

Ipod has come back to life fixed the artist problem by unchecking compilations in settings under music menu. still going to take it back I've read that the ipod classic has battery problems.

7. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

...battery problems?

I work twelve hour shifts and watch movies on my Ipod all night, aside from the eye strain there hasn't been a single issue with mine. The older models (1st and 2nd gen) had some issues...but after ten years Apple has ironed out the kinks. Honestly you'll be hard pressed to find an MP3 player that matches the quality of the Ipod.