1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod corrupted or virus?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by zim403, Jul 14, 2007.

1. zim403

zim403 Member

i have a 30g ipod and im not to sure if its corrupted or it has a nasty virus in it because ive tried to restore so many times with itunes ive tried to restore it on disk mode and i cant do the complete restore cause it freezes up the my computer folder. i restored it on a mac and it kinda worked but i dont have a mac to use it with and it would freeze up constantly when i restored it on a mac the memory went blank like it is supposed to but when i tried to restore it on a pc some how the memory went back to what it was when i had all my music but i had no music in it so it may be like super corrupted or it has a virus of some sort if any one has any idea what i can do i would really appreciate it =)

2. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

3. david94

david94 Regular member

ok make sure your music or videos are completly virus free as they can attach themselfs to files and then plugg in your ipod as it is (not in disk mode) and then restore your ipod using itunes or going into my computer select your ipod then right click and then format as this will erase everything off the ipod and then itunes will sync everything back onto it again

4. Bushed

Bushed Member

its also possible if its freezing that its a hardware problem

i had similar problems, luckily i bought it from the apple shop who exchanged it for a new one

ive heard other retailers arnt so kind

5. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

Have you tried checking/fixing the ipod disk in my computer? In my computer, right-click on the ipod and click properties. Under the Tools tab click on check now. See if it finds any errors.

6. zim403

zim403 Member

mrxxg yeah bro i tried that thanks
    david94 thanks man ive tried that
    Bushed it might be a hardware problem i hope its not =( thanks
    MonkeyFat thanks alot i think that might do the trick thanks alot bro

7. david94

david94 Regular member

have you tried putting on any software of any kind

8. david94

david94 Regular member

have you used itunes to erase the ipod this might help as it will wipe everything of it every song, video and stuff you have saved onto it and itunes will retore the firmwire (software) used to run the ipod. if not i do not know