1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod corrupted? won't restore

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by slimlisa, Jul 26, 2007.

1. albino92

albino92 Regular member

It's probably unlikely but maybe it got damaged in the cupboard.

2. jmorris23

jmorris23 Member

i had the same problem with my ipod not recovering. I spent a good 6 hrs on it. the ipod would freeze and say that the files were corrupt and kept doing a recovery loop. i tried on 3 different computers at my house with the same cord. i was ready to give up, THEN........i went to my parents house and took my ipod with me and left my cord at home and used my dads cord. hooked it up to his computer and restored it when itunes asked me. It accually worked so it turns out it was just my cord all this time. So anyone with this problem borrow a friends cord and try it. I bet 75% of people with this problem that is the fix. Hope this helps some people.

3. sascuach

sascuach Member

Sorry to bring up and old(ish) topic, but Im habing the same problem and I dont know what to do!!! The only difference is that the only thing my ipod does is
    1. show the mac logo
    2. show a folder with an exclamation mark on it
    3. turns off with a click 6 secs later

I already tried EVERYTHING. Restoring, plugging it, downloading latest itunes, etc. Also, I tried the program albino mentioned, but when I click on start, it displays a message "Device media is write-protected". IM PISSED

pd. the ipod model is the 60gb photo

4. albino92

albino92 Regular member

That's weird, if your ipod is write protected it must have been that way ever since you got so then you wouldn't be able to do anything except give it to apple to fix.