1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod crashes randomly

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by asma1233, Jul 12, 2007.

1. asma1233

asma1233 Member

I have a white ipod video 30 gb 5g and I would be playing a song when all of the sudden the screen freezes. The song keeps playing till the end but after that the next song doesnt play it would just freeze everything. Anyone know whats wrong? Every time this happens, I have to restart the ipod (menu+center) but this drains the battery so much...
    I was thinking that maybe it could be the battery? The battery is quite old and doesnt hold its charge that well so I'm guessing that it could give out different amounts of voltage that could make the ipod crash?

2. david94

david94 Regular member

i have never had this problem and i have an ipod video myself but the only thing i have with it is when it skips through the songs.

ok restore your ipod using itunes. open itunes and plugg in ipod and when the screen comes up click resore and a messege will come up saying are you shure you want to restore you ipod all songs and videos will be erased and click yes and then it will reboot after restore and then dont unplugg it as then all your music and videos and whatever will be synced back onto your ipod and then your fine