1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod help anyone? ("award winning" apple support can suck it)

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by xryanox, Oct 24, 2005.

1. xryanox

xryanox Member

hey,

i'm new to this board, but it seems like when people have an issue you guys are able to get to the bottom of it. i'd really appreciate any help!

basically my ipod is giving the "exclamation folder" image, which according to apple online support means that it needs to be charged, reset, or restored. my ipod is fully charged, and i've reset it numerous times, but still a no go. so i tried restoring it, but everytime i try i get an error reading "firmware update failure. disk write error." apple support online offers nothing on a firmware error with an ipod. so i tried calling them, but since i'm not a student it costs $59.99 (!!) to get a technical support phone call! yeah, that's what i said! so my last option is to have it sent in for "only" the shipping cost, which is $29.99. i really hope that will be a last resort. i have the latest windows updates (i'm using windows by the way) and the latest ipod updater (10-12-2005). so hopefully someone can help me restore my ipod, because i'm hoping after i do this, i will be able to get back into recognizing my ipod from itunes. also, i tried putting my ipod into disk mode before restoring it, but still getting the firmware error, which by the way, convenantly comes up on my screen after 2+ hours of "initializing". as you can guess, this is very frustrating.

thanks for any help/input.

ryan

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Which method did you use to restore the ipod? did you doit with the assisting ipod software, or did you do it in 'my computer' (the manual way in which you right click the ipod and select `format`)?

Lethal