1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod internal headphone problem

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Waymon3X6, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Hello all, recently my ipod's ability to produce sound to the left ear through the headphones has stopped. I know it is the ipod, not the cheap headphones because I try other headphones too, and get the same problem. However, if I move the base of the headphone (the part nearest to the ipod headphone jack) around slightly, I get the regular sound... But i have to keep the headphone jack in the same position for as long as I like, but it is really tireing after a while. My ipod is a year and 4 months old, so I dont think I can bring it back and get a new one.

Also, Im leaving in 2 days (sunday) for a trip, and it would be great to have a working iPod for the 8 hour flight.. Thanks guys!

PS

I have a 5th generation video, running a modified firmware, version 1.2.1

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Try cleaning out the inside of the headphone jack as good as you can, without damaging the iPod. There may be something sticky or something in there that is preventing it from giving it sound to the left headphone.

3. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

I tried cleaning it, with a piece of paper towel wrapped around a tooth pick, but it didnt work. Anything else?

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

I don't know, there may be a scratch in there or something, but I guess it CAN be a software problem. Have you tried restoring?

5. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

I've had 2 Zen Micros and 2 cordless phones with internal jack problems. You're probably screwed. With all 4, they were under warranty and I called the companies. As soon as I described it, they stopped me and said ok, send it in and we'll replace it. They didn't even attempt to repair them.

Make sure you always pull your headphones straight out of the jack. I realize that train has already left the station, thought I'd throw it out there for future reference.