1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Modding Tutorials

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Lethal_B, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sags

sags Regular member

how exactly do i do that? though itunes?
    thanks

2. MSdashPLZ

MSdashPLZ Member

wow iTunes lol
    no u do it thru ipw
    insted of picking updater pick ipod, load firmware, then load all on the theme u want

3. sags

sags Regular member

can someone go through what i should be doing again. i give anyone who can help me the right to call me noob

4. blake123

blake123 Guest

Background Hack
    [​IMG]

Download the following files before we do this and extract them. (DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FIRST ONE IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IPOD WIZARD 2d beta)

Go here/download http://www.ipodwizard.net/attachment...5&d=1172611299 (ipod wizard)

Go here/download http://files.filefront.com/BgHackzip.../fileinfo.html (files)

Go here/download http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-.../download.html (ocx file)

Go here/download http://www.ipodwizard.net/attachment...1&d=1175436302 (picture slicer)

Once Downloaded... take the ocx file (3rd one) and copy/paste it to C:\WINDOWS\system32

Extract ALL THE FOLDERS!!!!

DO STEP ONE FIRST!

1.) Connect your ipod and run Ipod Wizard normailly. Load the ipods firmware directly. Go to layouts.. then go select scheme layouts if not done so. IN the second thing we downloaded with many files open that folder up with the view numbers.rsrc whatever u know it is called BGhack.zip. On the side in ipod wizard you will see numbers. Click find.. then put in each FILES number from the folder and FIND it. So if you have view10371rsrc, in the find box put 10371 and the numbers for all the fikes separately. SO each time you find it load THAT file from THAT folder it will replace it. This isn't confusing read AGAIN! After loading each file to its appropriate number, push write. After done feel free to look at your messed up background but we are about to change this. Replug in your ipod directly in IPW load the firmware.

2.) Find a picture that you would like to use for your background. Make sure it is a BMP if it isn't, use the media-convert.com convert the file (straight forward if you have to do this). Now with Microsoft Photo Editor, make sure your picture is Width: 320 and Length: 240 320X240. When your picture is that size mover on.

3.) Open up the iThemBG-slicer. Open the program (straight forward) now PICTURE MUST BE IN BMP format. Find your picture and load it. This should appear on the ipod screen (programs ipod screen). Then simply push slice. Your sliced pictures will be in the SlicedBG's in your iTheme BG folder. There you will find sliced bits of your ipod picture. EXP:.. 155,156,157,192,240,287,369,374, and 376. If you have this you are on track. If the slicer exits out the picture is not in a good size like 320X240

4.) Open up ipod wizard and load your ipods firmware directly again. Now go to the pictures tab. Now go to 155 through the drop down. Now load 155 from the the sliced pictures folder. Do the same thing for 156,157, ect, ect and do the same thing with each different number. Some may not even look right. If this is happening do not worry you are doing it correct we are replacing some of the images. There also may be a blank again do not worry. Then write to your ipod.

5.) Reboot and you will have a fabulous background. Now to let you know these are still experimental. When you listen to music you will see white.. solitaire is a little messed up. So this is a very good lead with a background most the time but I will update it to make it better and better and better so it will look better on your ipod. If you need help post

5. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

can you do this with a 30 gb black video ipod with fw 1.2.1 on it?

6. ottesen07

ottesen07 Regular member

is iPod Updater the Software Version that you see when you first plug into your iPod into itunes? my software version is 1.2.1 So do i just use the 1.0 iPod Updater?

7. blake123

blake123 Guest

ya

8. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

@ottesen07

Which guide are you wondering about with the 1.0 updater?

9. thememan

thememan Member

okay, Lethal...

i need to know what the heck an updater is and how do i use it after writing a theme to my ipod...

sorry, i am a huge noob to this ipod wizzard.

ty and a step by step would be great if that's not too much to ask

btw 5thgen and podwizzard 1.2,

ty!!!

10. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

An updater is what Apple used to have instead of iTunes to update your iPod with the latest firmware or restore your iPod with. I'm not sure how to do it with the new version, but I'm sure you can google it. The guide needs to be updated a little. ;-)

11. thememan

thememan Member

okay, great, can you give me a link, i tried to google it but for some reason nothing relavent came up

btw nice thread you got here

12. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

I will try to find something for you tommorrow. It's getting late here, so I'm off to bed. LOL

13. stagass

stagass Regular member

guys i have a question.for what ipod is that?nano or all?and also what version/firmware(yeah, i'm completely new to this stuff

14. tundraboy

tundraboy Member

As soon as i open iPod Updater, it blankes out and says "Invalid iPod Service Version" and it wont let me update or restore.

help? cheers

15. CELOR

CELOR Member

i have the same problem please help!!!!

16. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

17. CELOR

CELOR Member

can u give me the link takin me to the answer???

18. brako123

brako123 Member

hey all.
    i've been reading about the modding and got everything working but the theme i chose at random from the site lethal provided in his first post didn't work. i got it from the ipod nano section but i am wondering if it works with the second generation of ipod nanos. any help? thanks.

19. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

all right, here's the best idea:

DON'T FOLLOW THE TUT LETHAL WROTE! IT'S OUTDATED NOW!

go to http://www.ipodwizard.net and read tuts there!

20. xmetlo

xmetlo Member

hey i downloaded the theme you have as an example and you know when you scroll down the songs they r highlighted blue can you change that to red?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.