1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod music to another ipod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by osnap, Feb 3, 2007.

1. osnap

osnap Member

i have two ipod nanos a 2G(old) and a 4G(new)
    i wanna put all the stuff on the 2G to the 4G
    but i dont want to redo it by putting one song at a time because i never did a playlist

so any thoghts?

2. kikiwhere

kikiwhere Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  3. Mez

Mez Active member

If you have a PC, I bet you can use Explorer to copy them to your hard drive. I know you can't put them back that way. Ipods will not recognise files copied to the ipod. It is smart to ALWAYS keep a copy of your tunes on a HD. I also back up my tunes to DVDs. I know persons that have had their ipods die on them. The ones that did not have their tunes backed up where much more unhappy than the persons that did not lose everything.

Once you have the safely files copied, I think itunes will do it for you.

1)Install a current version of itunes from the web
    2)Sync your old ipod (should copy all the tunes to your computer)
    3)Sync your new ipod (will copy what is on the computer to your ipod)

4. osnap

osnap Member

hey guys thanks for all the imput,
    but i figured it out with out all that stuff.

i pluged in both ipods, started up itunes, made sure i could do it all manuely (what ever that thing says), then i went to my comp and made sure they were showing up there.

then i went to tools, then folder options, then view, then i clicked show all hidden folders, and found where my music was and copyed it to my comp then made a new playlist and out it on the other ipod.
    :)

worked great

5. starchy

starchy Regular member

Well I kind of had the same problems because I got a laptop and wanted my music on my laptop so then I tried the explore method and then the songs title is not normal and I am no renaming 200 songs so I found this program called YamIpod I just google it and found it easly and it works fine for me. It is really just an Itune sub (I really think it was for Linux users) But I used it and the songs were over to my laptop in minutes!