1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod nano 2nd generation(cannot be detected)

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by 1773, May 12, 2007.

1. 1773

1773 Regular member

hey, i traded one of my friends my ipod 2nd gen for his mp4 player. we traded then traded back. but when i got it it couldnt be reconized by the computer, when i stuck it in my comput a window pops up saying usb device not reconized. and when i connect my ipod to my comp it is able to play and stuff but it doesnt charge and the light isnt on. but it does not connect to my computer becuz it says usb device not reconized. i tried resetting it, it did not work it just did the same thing. I tryed putting the ipod charger in different usb port, doesn't work, tryed using different charger, doesnt work. can anyone help out?

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

When it is plugged in, open up 'My Computer', right click on the iPod, then click 'Format'. This will restore to factory settings and take off all music files, so make sure you keep a clean backup in iTunes. This should make it recognize it in iTunes.

3. 1773

1773 Regular member

i couldnt find the ipod in my computer... it didnt reconize it im pretty sure.

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

If it's not showing up on your computer then I'm not sure what you can do. Most likely a hard drive problem.