1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod nano unlock code

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by packman92, Sep 13, 2007.

1. packman92

packman92 Guest

Does anyone know if there is a ipod nano default unlock code?I set up a password and have forgotten it and now it won't let me past the little combination lock that shows the 4 digit number code and the lock.Does anyone know what to do?

2. GhOnDiE

GhOnDiE Member

Hi there is nto a default code for the ipod, apple's advice is to just reset the device, however in my mind thats just not acceptable. just plug your ipod in, go to my computer and access the drive direct from there, and go to the ipod control-> device folder access the file called _locked in this is a cleartext of the 4 number password.

regards
    ghondie

3. xlioilx

xlioilx Member

hold the select button and play/pause button and the iPod will reset after a few seconds about 10-20sec

4. GhOnDiE

GhOnDiE Member

5. xlioilx

xlioilx Member

GhOnDiE some one above me said to reset I was just telling him how, but they edited their post since then.
    I think if you connect it to iTunes it will also unlock it. thats what it says when you lock it.

6. packman92

packman92 Guest

Thanx everyone but i've tried all of these and they havn't worked.Do you know anything else about how to unlock it?

7. xlioilx

xlioilx Member

Yes there is!
    Open iTunes with your iPod connected and hit the restore button under where it shows your iPod.

It will have to re-sync all your songs, so if there not all on your computer you should use a application to first take them off the iPod before you restore it (or you will loose them all!!!!)

If all your files are already on your computer and in the iTunes library then there is no need to do that.

Someone will probably flame me for telling you this, but its a last ditch technique thats sure to work.

8. nohcho

nohcho Guest

yeah you can copy you pictures, music and stuff like that 2 you PC and download iTunes. after install that just plug in you ipod...and you can just restore you`r iPod....god luck.