1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod News Thread.

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Lethal_B, Feb 13, 2006.

1. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

we all hate buying a mobile phone that's extremely difficult to use for the simplest things. don't we?
    we'll a phone,mp3,mp4(probably)... just seems like to many things to cram into one.

Apple are usually very good at making things easy to use but how are they going to do it this time?

Also I'm worried about the memory capicity cause if you carry the ipod video 30 gig it's quite heavy.60% about of it's weight is the hard drive,I Would definitely not want a cell phone that was as heavy as the 30 gig video meaning that the iphone won't be able to have a hard drive so we're looking at a 2,3 or maximum 4gig phone which isn't enough (for me).
    and as i all ready said it will have high price which in My opinion is the main reason it will flop.

For know i'm happy with my 30 gig video.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2006
  2. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

I'd prefer to carry around a slightly weighty phone to both my phone and iPod, which would most likely out weigh Apple's alternative.

3. jazo1234

jazo1234 Guest

I don't know, it seems like it is alot of things crammed into one device, but may be a real good item if they do the right things with it. I would definantely purchase one if it had a descent price, battery life, and memory amount.

4. dkmopq

dkmopq Guest

[bold]Apple iPhone Confirmed, Kind of[/bold]

The Japanese web and telecom company, Softbank Corporate, is going to be getting freaky with Apple in development of the Apple licensed phone, finally. It is going to be a [bold]true iTunes phone that can play music and download songs from the iTunes Music Store[/bold].

The original report, from Nikkei, says that Apple and Softbank agreed to co-develop the phone and it may be available as early as this year. Apple declined to comment about any of this. iPhone, here we come!

5. dkmopq

dkmopq Guest

Pantech ships iPod-like phone

South Korean phone maker Pantech has launched a mobile phone with an iPod-like clickwheel control it describes as a "revolutionary touch-wheel sensor". The company said it was pitching the product, which goes on sale today in Hong Kong and Taiwan, at "digital generation" music fans.

[​IMG]

The PG-3600V is a slider phone with a 1.9in, 262,144-colour display mounted above the clickwheel, which "enables easy navigation by allowing users to sweep the wheel key with their fingers", Pantech said. The control not only operates the phone's music player, but is used to zoom the phone's 1.3-megapixel camera and to track through MPEG 4 videos recorded on the handset.

The unit has video editing software on board and 512MB of memory to store content. There's a memory card slot to add more. The device features all the usual phone features, including stereo audio-enabled Bluetooth.

The PG-3600V measures 10.2 x 4.7 x 1.8cm and weighs 94.1g. ®

6. jazo1234

jazo1234 Guest

I'd probably purchase an iPhone if it came out, but again it would depend on prices, memory, and quality.

7. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2006
  8. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

That's gotta be the coolest phone i ever seen in my life. To bad it's fake. I liked the song they played with the video. It's ITALK NOT IPHONE. Go apple. take over the cell phone companyies.

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  9. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

oo sorry i didn't actually read the article i just when't strait to the video.

sorry guys as righ3 says it's fake.
    shall i leave the link anyway?

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2006
  10. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

yeah, it's a good fake Video. LOL

11. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

12. iwantLove

iwantLove Member

it looks like it woudl be a pain to hold and use. i wouldnt buy one til i asked someone who has used it. i have a 60GB and im satisfied with mine. the new nikes deal looks cool though, dont know if you heard about that it was on the news 5/23/06. i saw another pic of i think a different ipdo they were working on as well. i will edit when i find a pic link.

13. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

The nike running things looks cool. TO bad they don't have it for Regular ipods.

14. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

I looked up the prices, and you have to buy the shoes (which cost $100) and the reciever which is $30. Looks pricey and may not be very popular.

15. jazo1234

jazo1234 Guest

I read what the site said and I'm still not 100% sure wtf this thing does. Any insight?

16. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

it basically has a sensor in your shoes and transfers the data about your working to the IR reciever and display a little on the Nano Display. You can look up your reults on: http://www.nike.com/nikeplus/#overview

Apple is coming out with iTunes 6.0.5, which will have support for the Nike+Apple thing. Can't wait for the new iTunes version!

17. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Why does everybody get so excited with the prospect of the new itunes version?

I find there usually,practically identical to the proceeding version.

18. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

they usually are the same, but it's just cool!

19. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

20. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

This thread should be stickied, as it will stay active longer. ;-)