1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod News Thread.

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Lethal_B, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Ya... you could say I have met him about 14 times... I have also met his best friend Paul Allan! I met them while they were with each other! You see I have season tickets to the Portland Trail Blazers (This is our last year because of there bad attitude, we would have renewed even though they were losing but they just gave up towards the end of the season) and Paul owns the Blazers and every now and then Bill will come down to visit Paul and watch the game and before the games Bill and Paul would walk the concourse sign autographs ect. I have seen them at 14 games… I was able to say Hi twice and ask a ? Once. My? Was what motivated you to be so interested in computers his response was “Nerds… Nerds rule… wonted to be a Nerd”! That was 3 years ago! Havent seen him since!

~Domreis

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  2. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I can't even see bill gates and we live in the same state. His house is like what 1hour and 30minutes away.

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Why cant you see him...
    What part of Washington are you in? I am in the Longview Kelso area! (Drug town usa)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  4. iPod_luva

iPod_luva Guest

Well the problem with XP computers is that the PCs are made by compainies like Dell, HP, Compaq, etc. so windows only get the money for the OS, whereas apple make and sell the computers so they are getting all the profit.

Because the apple MACs are so expensive and everyone likes XP they have made their move to add XP onto it, making everyone buy a stylish pc, where all the profit is going to apple for a deer pc - But windows also win on this one - people are buying legal versions of XP to put on their macs.

5. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

All right all-- Back on task (iPod News)

6. blackipod

blackipod Member

Microsoft will still make money but not as much as Apple will because of they fact that the Apple Mac Pro PCs or w/e cost way more than the legal versions of Windows XP costs so they both win somewhat but Apple will probably come out stronger

7. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

How come microsoft don't make there own computers than?
    seattle.
    Doom 2 came out for video ipod. Now you can download them and play em.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  8. jan123

jan123 Guest

Where can you find the copy of DOOM 2 for ipod.

-Jan 123

9. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

10. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I don't care about 6g or video ipod. because i already have 5g ipod.

11. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I will be getting one of those, should it be released..

But there have been a lot of rumours of late, so I'll just keep my £400 stashed away for when the time comes :)

12. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

13. iPod_luva

iPod_luva Guest

sweet case but i dont like the idea of all the removeable parts :S

14. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

15. dkmopq

dkmopq Guest

49% of MP3 player owners own an Apple iPod – survey

The rapidly growing worldwide market for Flash-based and hard disk drive (HDD)-based players is to jump from 140m units in 2005 to 286m by 2010, according to a report from market research firm In-Stat. Drivers for this market include falling price points, the availability of legitimate subscription and pay-per-download online music sites, increasing Flash memory capacities, and enhanced functionality.

In-Stat consumer survey data shows 49 per cent of MP3 player owners own an Apple iPod.

Sales of low-end, Flash-based players were especially strong in 2005, particularly in Asian markets where some players are priced as low as $25.

HDD-based models will continue to evolve into multimedia entertainment devices capable of audio, video, and imaging playback.

16. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

Mobile-phone users in Japan might be the first to get their hands on the long-rumored iPhone, an iPod-esque handset that would be capable downloading songs from the iTunes Music Store. According to reports in several Japanese newspapers, Apple and Japanese telecom company Softbank have struck a "basic deal" to produce the iPhone.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Discussions in a meeting this past Saturday between
    Steve Jobs, Apple's chief executive, and Masayoshi Son, president of Softbank, reportedly included talk of a new component to iTunes. The new service would enable mobile-phone users to download songs directly to compatible handsets rather than have to go to iTunes first.

Both Apple and Softbank have declined to comment on the rumors.

Analysts have expected Apple to make a move to produce its own iTunes-compatible mobile phones since the lackluster debut of Motorola's Rokr in September 2005 and Slvr in January 2006. Consumers and reviewers mostly have been disappointed with the limited storage capacity of both handsets.

Adding to the ongoing speculation about the iPhone are patent applications that Apple recently filed for a display screen able to detect multiple, simultaneous touches. Such technology is commonly used in smartphones for a bevy of functions, such as e-mail, Web access, and so forth.

In addition, speculation about the rumored iPhone was fueled at the end of March by a Piper Jaffray report in which the financial services firm said there is a strong chance of an Apple-branded phone.

"We believe Apple will benefit from the new Intel-based Macs, along with what we estimate to be a 75 percent chance of an iPhone in the next 12 months," wrote Gene Munster, a Piper Jaffray analyst, in a research note to clients.

From Yahoo News which cited it as from Newsfactor

That is particularly interesting. Also possibly used by the rumored widescreen iPod perhaps?

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  17. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

Ok Guys I have a ton of exciting info about about Apple! First Apple has released their new laptop called the "MacBook". And you've guessed it, it has an Intel Core Duo Chip. The've now invented this new thing called a glossy widescreen display so you can see the screen clearly. It's basically like a cheaper vesrion of the MacBook Pro, but has 20Gb less and a Combo Drive. I'm talking avout the base model. The base model starts at $1,099.00. They have also invented a black version MacBook. The only way to get the black MacBook is buy the $1,500.00 version which has all the high expected features. The other 2 versions are white. That could be a downside if you really wanted the black version for a lower price. The MacBook has replaced the iBook and the PowerBook. Apple also boosted the Ghz on the MacBook Pro and left the price the same. Now you can get a iBook or PowerBook for less, if they put them on sale, but the refurbished ones will be really cheap! To Apple's refurbished page Apple has added the refurbished iPod Video 30GB's along with the 2Gb Nano's. Bose has also realeased a Black Bose sound dock for the same price of $300.00. Apple still may release another new item at their Press Event at NYC because they are opening a new store at 765 Fifth Avenue at 59th Street in Midtown Manhatton. I'll keep you guy's popsted about any new items at their press event. Bye!

18. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

[bold]iPod cellphones may be a reality soon[/bold]

[​IMG]

Just thought i'd add a pic to show the iphone.

Honestly i think it will flop cause Apple will overprice it like all there products.It looks very nice and all but do you guys really think it will do we'll?

I have a bad feeling about all this iphone talk.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2006
  19. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

If it worked just like the current iPod, but with phone capability, I'd get one. I'd just be very concerned about battery life. But if the battery life is decent, I would certaintly consider buying one.

20. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

Dat jawn looks hot!