1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Shuffle through the wash

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by johnblaze, Mar 12, 2007.

1. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

Just wanted to share this with anyone who cares, but my shuffle has been taking a beating since I got it and continues to work perfectly. The biggest blow was a couple of weeks ago, it accidentally went through the wash in my gym shorts pocket, and also had been in the dryer for a little while before we heard it clanking around and found it. I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't even power up, but a few hours later after it cooled down, I tried it again and it played just fine, the only problem was it wouldn't show up on the computer when plugged into the dock, so I didn't think it would recharge, I set it aside and figured it would at least be useful until the battery died out, well, 2 weeks later (yesterday) I tried it again and the computer recognized it, everything worked perfectly, I guess it just needed to dry out. I gotta say I was pretty impressed (and happy).

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Wow that's pretty impressive. Is it the older kind of Shuffles or the newer one?

3. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

It's the new one, the one that's basically a clip with headphones. I've been pretty happy with it so far, the 1rst one I bought a year ago was the 60gb video, which is great too, but it's not something that I want to take to the gym or anything b/c it's so bulky and expensive, but this tiny one is perfect for being active, the only thing that kind of stinks about it is that it doesn't have the features like Nike+iPod or things like that which would be perfect, oh well, maybe next gen.

4. andersg

andersg Regular member

Having an iPod Shuffle would be nice for the gym, I gotta 30gb which is still good though.