1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod touch broken lcd question

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by cocoa1, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocoa1

cocoa1 Member

ok, heres the deal, i bought a 2nd gen ipod touch off ebay for $30 supposidly it would have the white screen problem, but i recieve today and it seems to be an lcd problem. so when i turned it on it had a purplish screen with a few horizontal lines at the bottom, so i go take it apart, they listed it as a 1st gen. so i use the 1st gen method for taking it apart and i break the digitizer and frame for digitizer and the lcd because i was trying to pop the assembly out like you would the 1st gen. silly me, so after that mess i decided to look up the model number and found out it was 2nd gen, sometimes i amaze myself at my stupidity. so anyways i finally get the broken junk out and now the comuter says the usb device is malfunctioning and i was just wanting to confirm that this is because i have taken all the screens out or did i mess up something important, if i plug up the busted lcd and the put the plug on for the digitizer and make the home button have contact to the motherboard its still the same. so i was basically just wondering if these units do not function without the screens in somewhat decent shape, i mean they are broken pretty bad(i got frustrated), thanks for any help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.