1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod touch jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by chamid, Mar 11, 2010.

1. chamid

chamid Member

Hi

I need some help to jailbreak my ipod touch. I have 3rd gen 3.1.1 firmware. I have done a lot of search but unable to find how to jailbreak. Please some one help me through this (how do i jailbreak). Also when its jail broken do i just download apps and sync with ipod? Help will be very much appreciated.

2. narutodemonrage

narutodemonrage Member

i just need some help with the firmware 3.1.3 that came out recently and it completly set my ipod in recovery mode and now is not being recognized by windows or itunes

3. ps3lvanub

ps3lvanub Regular member

Both of you download Spirit Jailbreak here. http://spiritjb.com/win

@chamid: Update to 3.1.3. Uninstall iTunes if you have version 9.2 BUT YOU MUST BE ABLE to reinstall an earlier version. If this is impossible do not jailbreak, you will not be able to use iTunes with you iPod fo a while. Leave it on the lockscreen and run the jailbreak. Sorted. (BTW if you are running a tethered jailbreak, you must restore first.)

@narutodemonrage: Uninstall iTunes if you have version 9.2 BUT YOU MUST BE ABLE to reinstall an earlier version. If this is impossible do not jailbreak, you will not be able to use iTunes with you iPod fo a while. Restore your iPod to 3.1.2/3. Leave it on the lockscreen and run the jailbreak. Sorted.

4. chickser

chickser Member

is there anyway to jailbreak the ipod touch after updating to the new 4.0 software

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ps3lvanub, read the forum rules on sigs about picture & text.