1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod touch used only for games?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by truehaven, May 15, 2010.

1. truehaven

truehaven Regular member

I'm planning on buying a 3rd gen. 8gb Ipod Touch for $150-$165 dollars and I was wondering for those Ipod owners out there, are they worth buying if used solely for games? Does the battery last long enough to get me to level 23? Can 8gbs hold enough jailbroken game apps?

Thanks for all the answers

2. macster8

macster8 Guest

First of all, the lowest flash memory for the 3rd gen is 32GB. Only the 1st and 2nd gen have 8GB available. If you're buying it solely for games anyway, 8GB won't hold up. I own a 1st gen 8GB iPod Touch and an iPad, and I have resorted to just leaving most of the small-sized casual games on the Touch with about 4-5 big sized apps, while installing the big ones (and better apps) on the iPad. You can actually do the math. Most quality games are sized around 30-40MB. There are some rather good high profile games though that are around 10-20MB. Some powerhouse apps especially RPG's and action/adventure games with huge content are at least 100MB. Some even get as high as 300MB+. And take note that to update these apps you'd have to have lots of free space. Overall, I'd suggest you get the 32GB 3rd gen, or even the 64GB. The games also vary in terms of battery-consumption. On average on my touch, I could play for about 2-3 hours with a full battery.