1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Touch WiFi Connection

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by rasputini, May 24, 2011.

1. rasputini

rasputini Member

I have a jailbroken, 64gb 3rd gen ipod touch, which, as of last week, cannot connect to wifi. The connectivity problem is one where it says it's connected and I have full signal strength, yet when I go on Safari, the app store, anything wifi related it tells me that it's not connected. Again, this is with full signal strength, and a checkmark next to my network name.

I have looked all over for a solution to the problem since it arose, resetting the network, forgetting my network, double checking to make sure the correct WEP was being entered, resetting my router, turning airplane mode on and off, gone into the router settings, wireless security... Just about everything I've found I've tried. The one thing I haven't done is a restore, something I'm desperately trying to avoid as I have a good 45gb of music that takes forever to put back on the ipod... Not to mention the jailbreak for OS4 was a pain in the butt with all its timed button pressing...

Any possible solutions, explanations, alternative methods? What's most puzzling is that is was quite sudden. It didn't start with the update or the recent jailbreak. Just one day it stopped connecting properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

rasputini: did you try using an alternative web browser? might be something with the safari settings on your iPod Touch.