1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Updating

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by cowboyblk, Feb 7, 2007.

1. cowboyblk

cowboyblk Member

I'm trying to set up a new 30G Ipod.I was able to name it.When Itunes opens it says that the ipod is "updating" and the Itunes software locks up and "not responding".I put in my other Ipod and everything works fine.What might be the cause of this?

2. cowboyblk

cowboyblk Member

If I reinstall Itunes will I lose all my store bought items and my music library?

3. AlmostOz

AlmostOz Member

you can only have one ipod registered to your computer at a time

it could also be that your usb card is incompatible with that ipod

4. cowboyblk

cowboyblk Member

I set up my ipod,and my wifes ipod on the same pc. I have been sharing ipod music and movies with family and friends all from the same pc with the help of "sharepod".I think thats whats helping because I've never had a problem until now.I set up a new ipod of a friends on my pc.I named it and then it says that it is updating. Thats when itunes locks up.I have tried several times with no luck.I restart my pc,hook up my own ipod and itunes works fine.When I eject my ipod and try the new one again,it locks up the software while it is updating.

5. cowboyblk

cowboyblk Member

I'm going to try and set up the ipod on my pc at work.Thing is,they have it so I cannot use any download sites.Can someone please hook me up with a link to download Itunes7.0?

6. cowboyblk

cowboyblk Member

I think I got it all fixed.I downloaded Itunes7.0 and the ipod I was trying to set up is recognized now by itunes.Thanks for all the input.Afterdawn members rock!Peace!