1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Video Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by adamryer, Nov 20, 2005.

1. adamryer

adamryer Guest

Yesterday i was watching a movie on my 30gig and after about an hour my battery went dead! I had charged it up the night before too. Is anybody else having battery problems with the new vidoes? Im considering calling up apple for a replacement!

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

You could try, but I have noticed a pattern that there have been many more battery complaints here and on the apple w/site regarding the iPod video. If you are totally sure it was fully charged and that it was drained within an hour, I strongly recommend you ask them for a battery replacement. But note you will have to send it off to them for them to replace the battery, and then they return it to you.

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Nope, your not the only one that's having this problem! I've noticed that movies as opposed to music really drains the life out of the battery. I also have a tendancy to spin the wheel to change scenes and that doesn't help either. Also, after a full charge if you play a movie for about 15-20 minutes and go back to menu, the battery meter will be on red then if you play a song or something it goes back to green?? Keep in mind that this is after a full charge!! I've had the 5, 15, and now the 30gb Ipod's and all the batterys sucked on all of them.

4. Hood_Rich

Hood_Rich Member

Yea the battery sucks when playing a moive, doesn't matter how long you charge it. U better get some battery pack or something to keep it going

5. adamryer

adamryer Guest

yeah i just ordered a car charger for it and im planning on getting an extra battery pack for it too.