1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod Video - Frame freeze and no sound

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by dkboy, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

The only reported problem with iTunes 6.0.2 is that it may have spying software equipt with it.

pptdgc - which program do you use to convert videos?

2. pptdgc

pptdgc Member

I have been experimenting with Vidoria and 'I'm Too DVD Ripper platinum 4'. The ones that I am having the problem with were converted using 'I'm Too DVD Ripper platinum 4'. They copy to my ipod using iTues 6.1 but not 6.2.

3. 3tdanger

3tdanger Member

pptdgc-

Where on apple.com did you go to download ipod firmware version 1.0?
    Did you have to remove version 1.1 from your computer first?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

4. pptdgc

pptdgc Member

5. 3tdanger

3tdanger Member

pptdgc-
    After I downloaded ipodupdater20051117, on my computer it's still showing up as ipodupdater20060110 even though I first removed version 1.1. Any suggestions?

6. paulisded

paulisded Guest

Be careful that you don't accidentally reinstall the update. When I first hooked my Ipod to Itunes after downgrading, I clicked on the "don't ask again" option when prompted that my Ipod software was out of date. Now I get a warning box every time I hook it up.

7. 3mrhythm

3mrhythm Member

8. Lethal_B

good shout, 3mrhythm ;)

9. 3mrhythm

3mrhythm Member

lol i made a txt file with the ipodwizard thing and the links for the files... and went on apple.com forums and posted that its the firmware thats screws with the video.. on all the posts that apple weren't answering about video>freeze>video/no audio they'll prolly get mad at me.. but who cares apple stinks... i had the worst time ordering my ipods from them.. so bad that i canceled the order and went to best buy.. ended up being cheaper anyways... then i got the ipod and it wouldnt play the video.. lol i even brought one back for that reason... i bought two 60gb on the same day.. one for me and one for my wife.. now that they are rolled back.. they workflawlessly! im much happier now!

and i thought i was having divx encoding problems b4 .. but it was just the firmware.. i have like 130 divx that i was psyched to get on my ipod... now i can!

10. paulisded

paulisded Guest

Today I had to take my son's Ipod in to Best Buy for service (it's not a video Ipod). While waiting for them to find our extended warranty, I asked the girl waiting on me if she's had a few returns due to freezing and/or no audio video playback. She said that there had been a few. I explained to her that it's the latest update causing the problems. She ran off to grab her manager so he could also hear it. Maybe this will help get a fixed update.

11. 3mrhythm

3mrhythm Member

its rediculus ..they should do something.. they must know about it! they jsut dont want to have to recall all the ones with 1.1 included...

12. paulisded

paulisded Guest

Would they have to recall the Ipods? The issue isn't with the machine, it's with the software update. All they have to do is update the updater...but I'll be damn sure to find out if it works before I download it.

13. richoz30

richoz30 Member

another successful downgrade!!! it took a bit of messing around but iPod wizard did it. i had to run the iPod updater program with the old firmware and it erased my iPod HD but since i just got it 2 days ago i didn't have much on it. it plays videos flawlessly now and the backlight comes on when it's connect to my PC. it almost seems that apple made the 1.1 firmware lock up user created videos on purpose...surely not, though. i mean, if it worked great on 1.0 then why mess it up for 1.1?

14. richoz30

richoz30 Member

well...i thought the rollback to 1.0 fixed mine. i can play video files for a few minutes now instead of a few seconds, but i still have the hiccup, and after the pause the sound goes away just like before. i hope apple releases a fix to this real soon...until then i guess i'll rewind and rewind and rewind

15. gixxer72

gixxer72 Member

I just bought a new 60g Ipod and which came with the V 1.1. I would like to downgrade and did try to use the directions in the post above, however the CD does not have the file that is supposed to be in the directory noted.

If anyone has a link to download the old version please post.

Also if anyone can give slighty better instructions please do so

It will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

16. 3mrhythm

3mrhythm Member

17. Lethal_B

18. Bongo06

Bongo06 Member

First of all, thank you for the great help and info on going back to the previous firmware. I had that same video freeze after 30 seconds then no aduio problem. I changed the text file and it now works. Now I have a different problem now. Now that I have 1.0 on it iTunes doesn't detect my iPod when plugged in. I had to go back to 1.1 for iTunes to recognize the Ipod so I could load on some more videos, but now I will have to again go back to 1.0 to play them! Is there a reason that Itunes doesn't detect the Ipod in 1.0 anymore? Am I doing something wrong?

19. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

You will have to downgrade your iTunes as well. ;-)

20. Lethal_B