1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Video freezes

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Peepin918, Jan 30, 2006.

1. DrHobby

DrHobby Member

thanks lethal - looks prety useful. i travel quite a bit so that will be handy.
    just as an aside, I bought a cheepo transmitter (hong kong variety) and it kinda works but works best when transmitting to an old Roberts dial radio. When i try it to my car radio it wanders off station a lot and becomes useless. I wondered if the Belkin one was better...

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Jazo,

Not too sure if battery packs work with silicone cases, it really depends on the thickness.

The Belkin transmitter (iTrip) is a good, clear radio transmitter, but only for indor use. When you are in the car, as the aerial is outside, you will easily get interference from passing cars, and you get an altogether indifferent experience.

So for in-car use, I recommend to you the iCarPlay monster cable. Which uses a similar method as the Belkin iTrip, however, it is specially designed for in-car use and provides a much better & much richer sound output.

More information on this particular product can be found here;
    http://www.monstercable.com/productpage.asp?pin=2084

3. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

hey guys, theres a different solution. Before i had 1.1 and it freezes with some vids i converted using some free all in one video converter, forgot wat it was though. Now I use Nero and pass through it twice and my videos never freeze, i could even go to a different point in the movie and lots of stuff and the seek time is so much shorter than the free one. Then I updated to 1.1.1 and everything still works perfectly. So i recommend Nero (Nero Recode), its worth it or it might even come with your dvd burner or computer.

4. Lethal_B

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  5. kutter67

kutter67 Member

I found that this worked for me. I went to the itunes web site and downloaded the ipod updater. I then ran it. the version it put on my ipod (60g) was ver 1.1.1 everything is working great now. Hey give it a try it is very simple to do and you can always try and restore it to an earlier version if it doen't work. Cheers!

6. shermie27

shermie27 Member

Well if u are downloading ur vids from like limewire then ur going to have to use this Jouix ipod converter i think i spelled it right ..google it. ill get back to u ..later sherm

7. Lethal_B

[bold]shermie27[/bold]

Is the program you are looking for called [bold]Jodix[/bold]?

http://www.jodix.com/

8. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

Oh yea, the Jodix Free Ipod Video converter was the program I used before that locked up my iPod whenever I try to seek different locations in the movies that I converted using it. I haven't used it in one month and they still haven't updated it so I wouldn't use it with version 1.1. I've never used it with an iPod with firmware 1.0 or 1.1.1 so it might be worth a shot if you don't want to buy Nero. Oh yea instead of Nero there's another program that I think's worth it if u don't want to buy Nero because its cheaper. It's called PQ Dvd to iPod converter.

9. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

PQ DVD is a great program, one of the best there is.

10. shermie27

shermie27 Member

Umm They made a new version of jodix try it now. It work really good for me.. Later Sherm

11. smfinney

smfinney Member

I just got a 60g ipod and had this same problem. Updating to v1.1.1 did the trick. Thanks, guys!

12. Lethal_B

No worries -- feel free to post any iPod-related questions you like in future, as I will always be only too glad to assist.

Happy iPodding.

13. badbenson

badbenson Member

Hello:

I did the downgrade thing but now i can't get iTunes to load my iPod, should i just use something like Anapod? Any one know how to oslve this porblem, when i plug the iPod in there is abox that sais i am out of date on my iPod and i click ignore, any help is much appreciated

14. lunapants

lunapants Member

davepeck - my disk only has previous version 2006-01-01. Any ideas where I can find the 2005-10-whatever version you spoke of?

15. big_d_63

big_d_63 Member

looks like im goin to have to try the down grade on my 60gb video it has frozen on me 3 times this week so far.

16. big_d_63

big_d_63 Member

i was able to get mine to unfreeze by holding the menu and center button for about 10secs.

17. eaisanen

eaisanen Member

Seems this is a problem with ipod 5.5g 30gb for some reason also. This happened while scrolling through songs on two occassions. It would stop responding and make fairly loud harddrive noises. Frantically pushing buttons and evantually plugging it into computer evantually made it respond again. Just rebooted and performed firmware upgrade. Problem hopefully solved at this point. Notice that there's a decent degree of lag when going from one track to the next, which I imagine might be the same problem as the freeze. Possibly also a problem that might be specific to me, because of high quality (~4ksongs/~20gb).

18. kobefan24

kobefan24 Member

i convert full length movies w/ videora all the time and i never have freezing problems
    thats weird tho how it does that

19. Peprika

Peprika Member

I have ran into a problem as well with my 30g video iPod, while looking through pictures that I just finished downloading. Also, this happened specifically after an iTunes upgrade. Taking advice from this thread I've gotten it back to a peaceful state by pressing down on the Menu and center button for about 20 seconds. Just thought I'd drop a message since "information is power."

Thanks