1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod video help again

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by siren3135, Oct 23, 2005.

1. siren3135

siren3135 Member

ok, i followed the directions of lethal and his excellent guide, i successfully downloaded the video onto my ipod, but when i go to play it, i can only hear, and a screen does not pop up or anything. so, only sound, no picture. someone help me, i really dont know anything about this kind of stuff

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

your video could be a divx based file if it is the new ipod doesn't work with divx sorry...

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

siren, don't worry. when i get back home i'll update the guide and you should be able to sort it then =)

4. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

What about me, after i converted The Simpsons AVI to mp4, using lethal guide with the program psp video, i get and error saying i need to close down, when trying to put the video file in itunes.

5. Laxington

Laxington Member

Hi, guys, first of all a big thx from me too for the good (and very easy to follow) guide. well, everything works fine but when i convert the movie and put it on my ipod the movie looks as if the ipod stretches the movie. i think this is because the movie is 16:9 and the ipod cuts the black stripes above and at the bottom so the movie looks a bit weird. can someone help? i turned on 16:9 and set the profile at psp9 to 16:9 either but it still doesnt help.

thank you all in advance
    yours lax

6. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

you dont get and error in tunes when you try to put it in your libarry?

7. Laxington

Laxington Member

no, everything works fine. i can watch the movie on my ipod very fine. sound and video is very good quality. only the stupid 4:3 sucks...

8. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

i am getting this error, and its getting on my nervs. i think i am the only person in the world with this problem.
    Someone please help,

9. Laxington

Laxington Member

no you're not the only one :( i red in another forum, that 16:9 would be 368x208 pixel but now my itunes says that my ipod cant play this format.... shit

10. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up guys.

if you are having problems still, you could always try the quicktime pro which is the one apple recommends (it's in my guide) and if you send me a pm ill help you set it up :)

Lethal

11. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

when i open the video file in quicktime i get and error and it close out, what is going on with me with all these errors, can someone please help me out i followed all the guide but i am still getting errors!

12. xtcssbf

xtcssbf Guest

HI GUYS; writing from Belgium where IPOD video is not yet released. Bought one in the US last week but does not work. Tried a reset with Pause/menu and by toggling the Hold buttom but nothing to do. I plugged it on my PC and to the standard electricity.. nothing. Anyone had the same problem. No sign of life from my brand new ipod video

13. Wjason777

Wjason777 Regular member

you should call custmer service, at 1800-275-2273

14. OCDgamer

OCDgamer Member

Xtcssbf, for the reset you need to turn hold on then off, and at the same time hit the menu button and the select button, not the pause button. They have to be hit pretty much simultaneously. Hope that helps.

15. xtcssbf

xtcssbf Guest

Junior, thanks for the info. i have tried. It is dead. nothing happened. Also called the 1-800 number and they told me that the best would be to get service repaired. When I ask them, does it happen often, they claimed that I was the 1st one ... the unlucky guy in this world. !!!

16. uratowel

uratowel Member

i use xilisoft vidoe converter and i had a divx file taht works perfetc on my shiny new ipod

17. kazymofo

kazymofo Guest

Hey guyz. If anyone is having trouble with getting Movies into their iPod, then just go here....

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

Awesome program. I've had no trouble since. Just convert with that then use Itunes to throw it on the POD.

Anyway, prob like a lot of people, I've dumped a nice Video library for myself to watch on my new iPod for when i was at the Gym. (i cant see a TV from the tredmills :p ) But my question is....Is there any way to Navigate through Videos quicker then just holding the right arrow down??? I have Videos that are about 40 mins each and to just fast forward to just the middle requires holding down the arrow for like 5 mins.

Thx for the help

18. chantelx9

chantelx9 Member

okay help please...i have my videos converted into mov. and mp4 and i have them in my itunes and it dosnt go into my ipod [i need help!] i tryed updating it many times but no luck.

19. trky

trky Member

i am also have the same problem i am able to put the video file directly to my ipod but when i try playing iti am unable to see any picture only hearing the sounds.. i used quicktime, videora to convert the file but still doesnt work plz help....

EDIT- nvm i already found a solution with this i just had to reset my settings

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  20. Ipathpro1

Ipathpro1 Member

I got my videos on limewire. I use quicktime pro to export the videos onto my library. The problem is that when i convert them to my ipod 30g i can watch the video but the video has no sound. how do i get the sound to the video?