1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod video help again

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by siren3135, Oct 23, 2005.

1. horslovr4

horslovr4 Member

do i have to have quicktime 7 to put videos on my 30gb ipod

2. bailsk8er

bailsk8er Member

To KazyMofo...it's quite simple, and very cool...just like listenin to music, all you have to do is click the middle circle button and when that browser thing (you'll kno wut i mean when u c it) shows up...just scorss around the touchpad with ur thumb until u get to where u want...i'm sorry it's kind of hard to explain haha but you'll get it

3. helz123

helz123 Member

I got the 30gig Ipod Video and Photo yesterday, and it will not let me put vidoes onto it. It says that it can't play them. When I click on the ipod icon on the bottom right hand corner and go to the video section its all grey and wont let me put videos onto it. Any suggestions?

4. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

5. helz123

helz123 Member

What programme is needed to put videos onto the Ipod?
    So far i have used itunes for both music and putting photos on. I do not have and apple computer so could that be contributing to not being able to put the videos on?

6. Lethal_B

Have a look at my guide, you'd be best off with videora.

No, you just need to convert them....

7. helz123

helz123 Member

Thank you very much for your help

8. helz123

helz123 Member

Me again. How do you use videora? When it comes to computer programmes and stuff i am completley confused or lost in a matter of minutes. Any help would be most appreciated!

9. Lethal_B

refer back to the guide, it is pretty simple once you read through it & become familiar with the interface ;-)

10. adamstech

adamstech Member

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to categorize your videos so they fall in to the TV menu of the ipod. Even when i change the info in the videos file to “Tv Show” it still shows up under movies menu (these are videos I have created.) Is it even possible?

Thanks,

Adam

11. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

I'm not sure....you might want to post this in a different thread if you want an answer ;)

12. dannyluu

dannyluu Member

ok you know the videora program?? anyways before when i converted mpeg to mp4 format it worked perfectly...now for some reason i cant convert mpeg files nemore only avi files, can someone tell me how i can fix this?

13. Lethal_B

Whan you say `cant convert`, what do you mean..are you getting any error messages? will it not load for transcoding? does it not appear in its' folder when you search for it?

14. Kyasuriin

Kyasuriin Member

I have a slight but greatly irritating problem with Videora and iTunes. I can convert the video and it shows up in the Video's folder... But when I try to put it into iTunes, it just doesn't show up.

I've put other videos into my iPod and I know they work... Help?

15. pcmblues

pcmblues Member

I'm having a problem viewing my Movies on the Ipod.
    I used the Cucusoft DVD converter as suggested in another forum, The movies converted fine and downloaded to the Ipod. What happens is they play for a little while then stall up, when they restart the sound has gone. Does anyone have any suggestions that could help?

16. Brleedu

Brleedu Member

I am having the same problem with my sound cutting out after a minute or so. any ideas?

17. Brleedu

Brleedu Member

to expand on my last post, I just purchased a 60g vidio unit. I used DVD decrypter, videora and finaly itunes to install the video to my IPOD. The video plays fine for a minute than freezes for a few seconds. when the video starts again there is no sound. If I fast forward a few frames the sound reapears but repeats the problem again. I loaded these videos on my daughters identical IPOD and she dosent seem to have this problem. I appreciate any help, thanks.

Brleedu

18. Lethal_B

Brleedu, are you running iPod firmware 1.1 by any chance? If you are, I suggest you downgrade, ad they are gaining notoriety for affecting the video in various negative ways..

19. DimSumX

DimSumX Member

ok I finally got a video converted for my ipod, but when i go to qwatch it on my ipod i only get sound it doesnt show the video visuals at all im so mad can some1 plz plz help me out??

20. cccgi

cccgi Member

I tried Videora 0.91 when i first got my iPod since I couldn't find other software at the time. Loved the program, very stable, fast, and so easy. But then I got problems w/ audio sync in long videos, I checked the source and it's ok, maybe prob w/ my computer or I dunno how to configure AVIsync that came w/ it. Another prob was converting DVD, kinda complicated to do in Videora. I tried DVD Decrypter to make one single VOB file from DVD for Videora to convert, but it's complicated & time consuming. Not to mention some advanced features like cutting credits at the ending movie, cropping widescreen videos to 4:3 to watch on iPod screen instead of video output. It's just too complicated for me to do in DVD Decrypter & Videora.

iTunes 6.0.2 & Quicktime 7 suck, it said it can finally convert video files directly inside iTunes, but it takes too much time to do so, and the results are mixed. Some files I converted in Nero Recode (w/ the video specs for iPod) can play fine in computer & Quicktime, but when I transfer to iPod through iTunes, it shows bunch of random jumping green blocks and bands. I right-click the video file in iTunes to convert it into iPod format, but it said the file is already in proper format?!??! (which both iTunes & iPod can't even play)
    Trust me, iTunes & Quicktime take the most time converting videos compare w/ other software, and the results are not visually better either. And if you wanna convert DVD in iTunes or Quicktime, don't waste you time!

I found the right settings in Nero Recode to create video files or DVD for playing on iPod, and been happily converting more than 40 DVDs. I'm using Nero Recode 2.2.6.7 that came w/ Nero 7. But somehow I found it's easier to convert to MP4 than H.264 though. If you wanna know my settings in Recode, I'll post them.