1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod video help....again.

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Ophelia_X, Feb 20, 2006.

1. sidecca

sidecca Guest

thanks lethal! i did the dvd decrypter + videora and was able to convert and add to ipod.........but the movie contiually stops and when it starts again theres no sound, until i back it up and mess around w it. any ideas? should i just take it out and start again? by the way, what's the software that is all-in-one dvd2ipod? thanks for your help.

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

sidecca - do you have firmware version 1.1 installed? That updater has many bugs, so that could be the problem. All in one DVD2iPod converters can be found in various guides in this forum. But the one outlined in my guide is called [bold]PQDVD[/bold], which is probably the best option, as it has a very noob friendly interface, does a fantastic job & has loads of features.

3. sidecca

sidecca Guest

guess i will give myself away now, i don't know if i have firmware 1.1!!! how do i find out? really appreciate your help! maybe i'll try pqdvd. should i just delete the movie i DID succeed with and start over?

4. Ophelia_X

Ophelia_X Member

::feels sorta dumb::

Why do you downgrade firmware? I don't know what it is either...
    Before my big fiasco, I was playing around with videora and hit the downgrade button and it said "successful!" I'm not really sure what it did.. will that come back to bite me in the future?

5. jenn21

jenn21 Member

Well i'm downloading an mp4 movie and when i try to open in quicktime it says error; not a movie file.

any ideas?

thnx for the help btw

6. Ophelia_X

Ophelia_X Member

Jenn, what program did you use? Check the properties of the file and make sure it's in mp4 format. If so, try shortening the file name and opening it in itunes. These are little tricks I had to do myself. I'm new so, I don't really know much else.. someone will have to fill in. :)

7. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

[bold]sidecca, and anyone else wishing to downgrade from version 1.1 to 1.0;[/bold]

-Download iPod Updater 1.0 (2005-09-06)
    -Connect your iPod to your computer, open the updater you just downloaded, and, once initialization is complete, click 'restore'.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  8. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

hi im new to this site and i have to admit all the help on ipod's is very helpfull. Now, i have one problem. It's kinda odd because i havn't had a problem puttin videos on my Ipod before, ive put like fifteen on all ready and excellent quality. I used the videora ipod converter. OK so the problem is, I converted the episode of family guy into MPEG-4 and put the movie file into itunes. Then i put it onto my ipod but when i tried to play it in the ipod, ther was a black screen and then the ipod froze!!! So i tried playing it in itunes adn it wokred and i checked the properties and it said mpeg-4
    Whatz wrong i haven't had a problem before why is this suddenly happeneig.

9. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

again, dont double post, as it is against forum rules, let alone triple posting ;-)
    reset the ipod (click and hold menu and center buttons together until apple logo appears.)

10. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

lol sry i didnt see my post go up so i thought it hadnt worked.
    And when it does freeze that'z how i get it back to normal. Why doenst the video want to play??

11. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

idn, possibly a faulty video. try to convert the file again and see what happens ;-)

12. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

ok ill also try a different video as well.

13. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

post back for more questions ;-)

14. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

um why cant you put movie that are more than an 30 minutes into i tunes?? i converted the family guy movie but it wouldnt go into itunes!!

15. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

you can put videos in that are more than 30 mins.
    how are [bold]you[/bold] doing it?

heres how it should be done:
    file-->add folder to library. then select the folder with the converted videos.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2006
  16. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

hmm ill try it that way, before i would select the actual video and try to add it.

And with that episode of family guy i think it;s just a faaulty viedo. Kinad odd tho that it would work every were else but the ipod!!

17. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

if it works on other portable players, then it is not a faulty video

18. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

lol i meant on the computer!! like in quick time and itunes itself.

ANd jsut now i tried adding the family guy movie to it, i shortened the name and it still didn't work, maybe i should update itunes.

19. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

This is getting really retarded now this is the third movie that ive tried to put on and it's just not working, it works in quicktime and everywere else but it wont work, whatz wrong it worked before!!!

20. LigerXZ

LigerXZ Member

maybe you need to try converting it if not done already so try it again using the original file you downloaded