1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod video help....again.

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Ophelia_X, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

lilnoob,

It may be an issue with your firmware. The firmware version 1.1 released in January has been giving people all sorts of playback issues. If you have version 1.1 firmware, I suggest downgrading your firmware. To do this, have a look at this link. http://www.ipodhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=813

Enjoy!!

2. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

which one do i download ?

3. Lethal_B

4. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

i updated my ipod but the video still wont show

5. Lethal_B

you have to [bold]restore[/bold] your iPod with the v1.0 software, and then re-load your music/videos back onto your iPod.

6. Charles16

Charles16 Guest

These seem to be similar questions to mine, so I'll ask here first. I ripped a DVD using handbrake. It is now a mp4 file and sitting quietly on my desktop. When I try to drag it into iTunes, nothing happens, it doesn't show up. Also, when I try to play it using Quicktime, an error message pops up that reads "Quicktime does not recognize this file" or something to that extent. I don't even have a video iPod yet, to be honest, and was trying to be sure I could get DVD's onto my iTunes account before upgrading from my old iPod.

Any idea why the file does not show up? I did try shortening the name with no success.

7. boobob1

boobob1 Member

all i know is to get the .mp4 video to work correctly you have to do it to this setting on videora. MPEG-4/320 X 240/QB4 Stereo/ 96 kbps. maybe that is what you did wrong but i dont know. hope i could help.

8. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

thanx, i should check my settings cause you never know what might happen to them.

9. ninma

ninma Member

hey i really could use help on this one, i have a video ipod and i have figured most of it out now, however i have trouble gettiong movies from limewire to play on my i pod. only the videos from dvds i have burnt work the videos from limewire are in mpeg4 format and everything they play perfectly on i tunes to on my i pod it shows a black screen for a few seconds than goes back to the menu. does anyone know what the problem is?

10. jazo123

jazo123 Guest

Please don't double post, as it is against forum rules ;-)

I answered your query in the other thread :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2006
  11. lilnoob

lilnoob Member

what ninma says is exactly mi problem

12. Lethal_B

ninma - videos downloaded directly from limewire & such may not necessarily transfer straight to the iPod, regardless of whether they are in mp4 format or not.

I suggest you have a look at the stickied guides on methods used to transcode videos into iPod format. Let me know how you get on.