1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod will only load a few songs at a time

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by AlmostOz, Jan 29, 2007.

1. AlmostOz

AlmostOz Member

Hey guys

Im fairly experienced with ipods, but this has always plagued me an i've never been able to fix it

I have a 60gb video, (this happened on my old 20gb too) and whenever i go to load a lot of songs on it (Say i have to restore) it will only load about 200 songs at a time, and then it says "writing to the disk failed, the disk could not be written to". Obviously this is irritating when your trying to load 4000 + items onto it.

would it be worth investing in a more expensive usb2 card?

also it says that my ipod software is out of date and to update it, but itunes says that the software is up to date.? kind of wierd.

any suggestions would be appreciated.
    thanks

2. AlmostOz

AlmostOz Member

To answer my own question, i went down to the computer shop and asked the guy there about it
    he said that theres a couple of types of usb cards, and one of the types is occasionally incompatible with some ipods (mainly shuffles however)

so he gave me a different card, its the VIA type (i can't remember what the other type was called), but straight away it only took me about 1 hour (max wasn't there the whole time) to update 2000 songs instead of way longer than that.

this is for future reference for ppl :)

3. gunboy3

gunboy3 Member

Thanks, I will try that solution because I have had the same problem for a while now.

4. gunboy3

gunboy3 Member

Did you have any problem with the new USB recognizing your iPod?

5. AlmostOz

AlmostOz Member

no ive had no problem at all
    itunes from my desktop plugging in my ipod it only takes about a minute for itunes to pop up and then start syncing
    syncs at about 1 song per second too
    :)