1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipod with Windows XP x64 Edition

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by musicjerm, Oct 20, 2005.

1. musicjerm

musicjerm Member

I recently picked up an iPod shuffle 1 gig, installed the newest iPod updater software, and itunes. When I tried to copy songs to my iPod from my computer it gives me an error saying cannot read from disc. I did a little research and found that iPods are not compatible with windows xp x64. Why has apple not released any updates for this version of windows? Everything else works fine except for this. Has anyone been able to work their iPod with windows xp x64? I think it's freaking rediculous that apple hasn't released anything. After all x64 has been out for over a year now. And I'm not going to go buy a 32 bit version of windows just so my iPod will work.

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

here is why

because microsoft abd apple knew there where illegal versions of windows xp x64 edition going around on the internet so they decided to block certain devices from working with this version of windows

thanks to all the a**** hole hackers for this one

3. phatcat6

phatcat6 Member

I had the same problem. I looked around and found a solution. All you have to do is enable disk usage on your ipod. You'll have to do it quickly otherwise it will disappear. Hope this helps.