1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPOD WONT TURN ON!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by xM0rgu3x, Jan 15, 2008.

1. xM0rgu3x

xM0rgu3x Guest

Hey guys, i was updating my ipod video 30gb about a week ago and while i was updating, it said that there was a software update. So i tried to update the software and in the process an error message came up on my ipod saying something along the lines of "could not complete action" at that time my ipod had the bar under the apple sign like it was trying to update and all of a sudden it turned off. Since then i can not get my ipod to turn on. I will hook it up to the computer and nothing happens the screen is still black. I googled this and some websites said to reset it or restore it but how am i supposed to do this when my Ipod's screen is always black and wont turn on. Some of the websites even suggested a bad usb port. I know thats not the problem either because i used it before and it worked. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Active member

hi press the menu button and the centre button together for a few mins the apple sign should come up

3. xM0rgu3x

xM0rgu3x Guest

i did and nothing at all

4. 07anto07

07anto07 Active member

will it charge?

5. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

well you gotta set the ipod to disk drive, hold the menu and select until you see the apple logo then imediately release the menu and hold play and select until you see a check on the ipod screen, now connect to the pc with itunes open. Good luck