1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPOD, ZUNE, XBOX 360

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by lsgrundy, Dec 1, 2007.

1. lsgrundy

lsgrundy Member

Any suggestions for the best video format to accomplish multiple tasks.
    I made the mistake of encoding my DVD's to DIVX. Looks great but not compatible with Xbox 360 or my IPOD and ZUNE.

I want to encode a high Quality master copy for xbox media streaming to a big screen (or have option to play on DVD player as data video file). What is good quality and universal? H264 or MPG4?

My son has a ZUNE. It looks like Zune will accept H264 and Mp4 files and convert in background.

My daughter has ipod. Also accepts h264 and MP4

Obviously I would like to batch the process. Get a new CD, rip to hard drive, then Batch all 2 or 3 versions ans walk away for a few HRS.

And then after format issue is settled and suggestions on one software program. DVD Fab Plat has worked well.

Thanks

2. Jalathole

Jalathole Guest

converting your dvd's to divx was not a mistake as there are now heaps of dvd players and hard drive players that support the format directly if you want to play them. iPods, Zunes even PSP's have no support for divx yet which is a great shame, because mp4 videos are large and the quality sucks, not to mention long movies going out of sync with the sound!

i keep one of each, which is innefficient, but it's the only way as Divx is very good quality for such a small file (good compression rate).

soz i can't help you more! if it were up to me everything would play divx!

3. lsgrundy

lsgrundy Member

Thanks. I am just batch converting to MP4 for the ipod and letting the Zune software convert it to the zune. Takes time but at least it can be batched. Quality and file size are an issue.