1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod

Discussion in 'Audio' started by yankees74, Oct 25, 2004.

1. yankees74

yankees74 Guest

Okay, i just got an ipod off ebay and im wondering what is good for, like what accesories are good for it. Please tell me a little about the ipod. Thanks!

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

3. TOS

TOS Member

if you're a pc user "anapod 8.6.2" is great.

4. yankees74

yankees74 Guest

what is this?

5. TOS

TOS Member

anapod is a windows explorer based file management program.It also supports drag and drop. much better than itunes. you will however need a wav or mp3 converter. anapod is onlt file management

6. hairyfrog

hairyfrog Member

If you've got a car, get the iPod car kit... well, really all u need is the iPod car charger, coz u can use any CD to tape car audio converter - it's just a 3mm stereo jack plug, a bit of wire, and a tape with some electronics in it... Apple will charge u the earth for one, whereas u can get the same thing from any car shop for a few beans..

There's a plug in radio for the iPod too, at least I think it's for all iPods and not just the mini.. Anyway, I haven't got one, but going off my last MP3 player that had FM radio built in - it was cr*p, and couldn't get a very good signal at all.

Oh, and if it's an iPod mini... get an iSkin for it, cos the casing of the iPod isn't very good - it's that sort of material that scratches real easy.

Other than that.. PC-wise... we had to buy a USB 2.0 port (cos our pc is a bit on the old and wrinkly side now). We considered getting a firewire, cos it's like zippy zippy zippy unltra-fast for transferring stuff. But, our USB only takes a few minutes to update 4Gb of music. Once your music is on your iPod, you only ever update the MP3's, or take one or two off, or add another album, etc... So, weighing up the cost of a firewire port against waiting around for your iPod to update you'd only get real use out of the firewire on the first transferring of your music library to iPod, and then you'd end-up having to buy firewire products for your PC just to get any use out of the port.

If you've got firewire already, then great! But, if you haven't got firewire, but have got USB 2.0 then stick with that, unless you've got money to burn...

8D
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]---------------
    Something I found one day...
    http://www.happyhenrik.dk/spas/prut.swf

:-D[/small]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  7. georgia

georgia Member

In-ear headphones seem to be pretty popular and well reviewed at my apple store. Also the Bose Sound System at 200$ is great if you can afford it.