1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"IR Repeater" with Sony Receivers - Anyone?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by jdmba, Oct 10, 2008.

1. jdmba

jdmba Member

Greets,

In this wild world of the internet, you would think all questions have been answered; particularly one this simple. However, when I search everywhere for this topic, I see a ton of answers dealing with "IR -> RF Converters" which is not my issue. Any help is appreciated.

Anyway, I just bought a Sony Receiver [DA3400ES, but that doesnt really matter]. It has an "IR REMOTE" jack which says that you can just plug in an "IR REPEATER" if you don't have line of sight. I would LOVE to buy one of these **CABLES** but, as mentioned above, every discussion about an IR Repeater seems to focus on IR/RF retransmitters. The picture simply shows a cable.

Sony parts has not the slightest idea what I am talking about, even through its in their manual (no part number). Other threads on other forums look promising (one even leads off with a sony part number, only to be countered 3 posts later with 'i got it, and it doesn't fit'.

SO ... if anyone knows what cable I can buy from somewhere to plug into the Sony "IR REMOTE" jack, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. JVC

JVC Active member

3. jdmba

jdmba Member

Nope - those are IR->RF extenders ... exactly what I am trying to avoid.

Anyone?

4. JVC

JVC Active member

A couple of them down the page say:
    Buffalo IR-350 Cabinet Mount IR Repeater
    and
    Buffalo IR-250 In-Wall Insert IR Repeater

I've never used one before, so I don't know what one looks like. But when the name has IR Repeater in it, I take it for granted that's what it is...............